MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clayed, polished and waxed (well sealed) my car about a month ago

is it ok to polish it now and then with autoglym SRP and not re-seal it? or must i apply a sealant/wax everytime i use SRP?

i just wash with the autoglym stuff by the way.

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
dont see why you need to polish at all......

just wash and top up the sealant unless you've scratched it somehwere

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
So is correct procedure:

Wash (Regularly)
Wash / SRP / Wax or Sealant (Every couple of months)

I only ask as I've just bought some SRP to use after washing, but to get it right I dont mind going to get some Wax / sealant (recommendations?)

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Wash Regularly
Wax monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly depending on wax or sealant choice
Polish when it needs it, mine hasn't been polished in a year but will be done for the show season.

on top of the SRP I'd recommend a good quality wax, victoria concourse would look great on XPG, although if you want to buy in store I'd recommend autoglym extra gloss protection.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
You'll need to get some seal/wax to lock in the effort you made with the SRP, or it'll be gone after a sharp downfall / next wash.

·
Registered
629 Posts
What woud you recommend as a good sealent or wax to use after the SRP?

Is AG Extra Gloss Protection a sealent??

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
yes extra gloss protection is a sealant, its designed to work with SRP so is probably the best sealant to use with it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What woud you recommend as a good sealent or wax to use after the SRP?

Is AG Extra Gloss Protection a sealent??
I use most the AG products and I do like & use EGP. That said my old faithful sealant is Turtlewax Gloss Guard. I know its not the trendiest of names but its pretty cheap, easy to apply, and I would say it lasts a good 4-6 weeks (2k miles for me). Its also much easier to use than EGP and I would say the results are equal. Out of interest Auto Express voted it best in test this year, judged on beading. Think it won last year as well.

I'm not sure how it would compare to the fancy stuff 25Exec talks about but at about a fiver a bottle its worth a shot. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts