MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a thread that is a Show of Support for MG-R, now I think we need one for John Towers, Rob Oldaker, Nick Stephenson, Peter Stevens Etc. I want all of the people that are running MG-R to be at the helm if the company is reorganised. I think they are heroes one and all. If it wasn't for unbelievable bad luck, (China Brilliance, TWR,) RDX/60 would probably have been on the market this past year generating funds to help the company grow and prosper.

Behind the scenes my guess is that all concerned have worked tirelessly to turn MG-R around from the underfunded mess B*W left it in. If you wish to support them, show it here. Only your name and location is needed as I'm not looking for an editorial. just your S U P P O R T! Tell PWC to Let these guys finish the job they started. I don't want SAIC marching in and taking over the whole sheebang. A partnership or JV is one thing, but Total ownership by SAIC is not something I think they deserve.

MG-R know about this site of course (steve will probably alert them) and word will get to them. Just like Steve Childs and John Switzer, I am sick of people "Monday morning quarterbacking" everything MG-R's management do, and then trashing them either here, or in the press. Okay little rant over. Let's see those names!

Stephen K. Hone

·
Registered
577 Posts
Right on!

My patience with the Daily Mail has finally expired; I've had enough of their relentlessly downbeat carping on just about everything. I feel depressed enough as it is most of the time, without that.

Time for the Telegraph, I think. Faults, but less of them...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have my reservations over the pension fund and the way PVH split up the business into separate entities....

However, I have no doubt what so ever about PVH's commitment and passion for MGR!

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
thankyou guys for everything you have done, im proud to say i drive a rover.

please guys let us know what is going on, we would really appreciate to be told by any of you, or a representative of yourselve's of how things are going.

We are behind you 100% and i for one will see you all on monday outside the gates of longbridge!!!!!

andy

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Well it has been shown in the past, brits go down but they come back fighting and ready for more, hopefully this will be true with MGR, i really hope that the Rover brand name isn't ditched, its one of the oldest names going and is a household name to people in the UK, fingers crossed for all of you :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
We Salute You

It has been a sad day for GB & MGR you all did a fantastic job trying to make it work please don't give up we need MGR to rise up and fight to continue what you started we are talking £350 million to support the company and get the new car out on the roads this does not sound impossible what ever happens we salute you and the workers at Longbridge.

Today I drove into work its a tri dealership Fiat Alfa and recently MG-R. Although I have been selling them for 5 years. Sad that Fiat staff were taking the mick this is from people selling the Multipla, (bad) Idea,Punto etc... I nearly killed them for their lack of pride and sadness. Sold a TF and a collegue sold a ZS 180 when we tried ordering we were to it was over! the boss told us not to worry if this is the end we will get Volvo or Hyundai, no thanks if this is it I am getting out of car sales.

Love Tony Blair he turns up trying to stem the loss of votes - sorry jobs!- and leaves in a fleet of jags!!!! and Blewitt and her crocodile tears they are pathetic I e mailed them both and told them what I thought of them. I would like to add be firm but do not lower the tone by using swear words.

Drove home tonight in a ZT 190 and it broke my heart to think it could be the last time

GOD BLESS MGR

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
MGZRohno said:
User Banned by John Switzer.

No don't ban him, let the narrow minded little **** have his say. Perhaps he could supply his address too, I could then take Mr left around his house for a word

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
In essence I support them too. Even the TV media have said today that they did a marvellous thing keeping 6000+ people in work for so long.

New metal was needed, and although they tried this was sadly not delivered.

I think in some ways though the lack of loyalty and support outside of the West Midlands was an impossible hurdle to jump.

At least people are now starting to realise this, I spend 1/2 an hour tonight reading page after page of comment on a "Have Your Say" article on BBC News and about 90% was incredibly supportive comments.

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bazzer_Mcbead said:
I'm all for it. The P4 have been the life blood of that Company, and have really wanted it to suceed, get them in!

I'd just like to add that no matter what you have been told there was simply not enough Money when PVH took over to fund RDX/60 and to go it alone. They would have blown the bank on this project. BMW should have been forced to throw in $300 Million more to make sure MG-R could develop a model that could lead to prosperity. Heck if they'd left the MINI even though it makes no money it would have raised MG-R's reputation as a purveyor of fine cars. Then perhaps they could have gotten Financial institutions to loan them the money.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
They get my vote but I feel they have done so much for the company already and I am sure they can help sort something for the future.

·
Registered
rover_75
23 Posts
They get my vote too

The Phoenix 4 get my vote, because without them there would be no MG Rover. They tried everything from selling the land and even the parts business to keep a float.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Erm, me thinks somebody is getting Phoenix and Alchemy seriously mixed up or else they are a complete ignoramus.

All Phoenix Venture Holdings business units are MG Rover related without exception. They have never closed a single company down and I am quite confident they are not going to start now :)

John

·
Registered
rover_75
23 Posts
Please dont believe everything you read in the Newspapers or on the tele. Anyway why shouldnt they have got something out of it. In 2000 the government approached Ford & Honda and they both turned it down. If it hadnt been for them MG & Rover would have dissapeared then. They tried very hard against incredible odds, the press were critisising every move, lying and generally ridiculing the company at every oportunity. If you want to blame someone blame the certain members of the press. You could start with Clarkson.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts