MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
firstly im sorry to ask this but... Anybody got a list of a set of 17's that can fit the TF????

Every 17" Wheel ive looked at dont seem to be compatible with the TF, Topgear.co.uk told me that the MGTF has the same hub allignment as the Metro!!!! As shocking as that was to me i was also offended! I mean c'mon the Mini Metro! :eek: Anyway the guy said that he would mail me a list of wheels that would fit the TF..... that was 3 days ago and im still waiting!

Anyone here able to help!???
and my thoughts of Topgear.co.uk..... :twak2:

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Personally I wouldn't have 17"s on an F, the ride quality would suffer due to the very low profile tyres... I know of someone who actually went back to 16"s after buying a set of 17"s as the ride was so harsh.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,040 Posts
Although to be correct the odd spacing although the same as the Metro/R100 they come from Triumph cars originally.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
SteveChilds said:
Personally I wouldn't have 17"s on an F, the ride quality would suffer due to the very low profile tyres... I know of someone who actually went back to 16"s after buying a set of 17"s as the ride was so harsh.
he has a TF Steve, but same thing applies I guess.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
SteveChilds said:
absolutely, 17's. all show and no go. ride will be loads harder, 0-60 will be slower and chiropracter medical bills will be through the roof ;)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 10 of 10 Posts