MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all! I'm a new member here - the site looks fantastic, and I'm really hoping I can get a truly trustworthy and definitive answer:

I have a Rover 200 sdi diesel, 'T' plate, and I need to know for 100% whether my car has a passenger airbag or not. My wife and I have a 6 month old son, and he is ready for the next stage car seat. Apparently the rear seats are quite soft for a child car seat, so we are considering using the front passenger seat to fit baby in - but of course, if an airbag is there, then we can't do this.

So, two questions if I may......

1) Do we have a passenger airbag or not? The passenger side of the dash has a panel that looks like an airbag, but it doesn't have an 'SRS' logo on it. The passenger window has a logo printed on it that looks like it advises against a baby car seat, so I am clueless!

2) Could any other members please advise on which car seat may be a good fit for our car please? We are looking at two different types of seat - a stage 1, and an integrated stage 1 - 3 (Our other car is a Ford Puma; we are hoping to fit one of the seats into the Puma)

Best wishes all,

Jon

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If it doesnt say SRS Airbag on it then it is likely the panel is the just the blank for the optional passenger airbag. Ill wait for someone to confirm this though.
The sticker could well just be slapped on all the cars, might say "If passenger airbag fitted....blah blah blah"....
Passenger airbag really should have been standard by T-Reg time......doesnt mean it was though!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Hi & Welcome Jon,

No SRS stamp means no airbag - if you have a look up with your head in the footwell you should see a void space. You might as well change it for a dash pocket out of a later 25/ZR ;)

Sorry I can't help with the baby seats though - how about a bit of foam? Failing that you could always put them in the boot? pretty roomy in there for a super-mini ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts