MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've owned my MGF for over a year now, when I bought it the right hand speaker sounded like it crackled when above a certain volume or when certain bass frequencies occured.

I replaced my entire system (new cd player and upgraded speakers) some months ago. But I found that the problem was not the speaker, but the door itself.
When playing music above a certain volume (depends on the song and bass levels) the door kind of rattles, which is very annoying.
Now I know some people would suggest "turn it down", but the volume isn't even very loud before I hear the annoyance of shaking metal.
I have looked inside the door (taking inside cover off), I was not able to see any loose bits. I tested the speaker with the door cover off and it just seemed as if the whole metal frame was vibrating.

The left hand speaker/door does not have this problem.

Anybody have similiar problems? Or a helpful solution ;) I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
if its anything like metro doors then i know what you mean . I made some customised speak baffles - so i could bolt the speak directly to the metal of the door - so that the flimsy door card didnt get any of the vibrations

1 - 2 of 2 Posts