MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAd the mini out, and noticed that if i rev the engien rather high >6krpm for example) then lift off the revs stay >4krpm for quite a while then eventually die down to teh normal slow/fast idle. is this done by the eECU intentionally? or is the throttle sticking?

if tis stickign, what can be done to sort it? dont wana go for a bigger metal one as i have enough trouble fethering in teh power without lighting up the wheels as it is!

also i have an airfilter jsut bolted straight onto the TB, could this warp it and cause it to stick? iv no room for it anywhere else really!

·
Registered
11 Posts
bffp

if you have a plastic inlet manifold chances are the rubber gascet has gone this is a simple job 3 nuts on top 4 on bottum just pull gasket out of grooves and put new one in no need for sealant nice easy job

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
if tis stickign, what can be done to sort it? dont wana go for a bigger metal one as i have enough trouble fethering in teh power without lighting up the wheels as it is!
Trust me - that isn't going to happen. The big metal TBs are great, but they're not going to cost you rubber.

also i have an airfilter jsut bolted straight onto the TB, could this warp it and cause it to stick? iv no room for it anywhere else really!
Not good.

1) Yes, it can cause it to stick if you have it done up too tight.

2) Bolting an induction kit to the TB causes two problems;

i) Heatsoak. You're sucking in air from the engine bay. It's hot. That reduces power.

ii) Your exhaust valve timing overlaps your inlet timing. It sets up a standing wave that helps draw in the next inlet charge. If you mess up the length of the inlet tract you will mess up that effect. You get less power because less air is being drawn in. This is also a Bad Thing.

Let me guess - it's a K&N, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts