MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this job advertised on www.jobsite.co.uk

Note the 'continued production of this famous MFG facility' statement.
General Manager (China)

This is the plant Manager post for Nanjing Automotive Corporation (uk ltd) Longbridge, Birmingham. Responsibility for links between UK and China and the successful launch and continued production of this famous MFG facility, Global Travel.
Extended Vacancy informationJob TypePermanentLocationChina Start DateASAPDurationpermanentSalary100k + full relocation paRef No2764-11333Date Advertised09 May 2006

Real-Time Consultants plc
01926 313133 (T)
01926 422165 (F)
tg

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
PatrickT said:
Nice as Nanjing is I'm not sure Rincewind wants to move to China permanently.
Ah , well - that could be a problem,didn't read that bit.You never know, could be good for a holiday though !!!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Was going to apply then but relocation to China and a pay cut the missus would never allow it lol

BTW I was joking about the pay cut, please dont mug me

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
santa20 said:
Was going to apply then but relocation to China...
"This is the plant Manager post for ... Longbridge, Birmingham."

How can it need a relocation to China? Are they going to move the whole of Birmingham to China :confused:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Windy said:
"This is the plant Manager post for ... Longbridge, Birmingham."

How can it need a relocation to China? Are they going to move the whole of Birmingham to China :confused:
well they have taken its soul....

·
Homologation Engineer
1,107 Posts
Er,nah, not really for me, although plant manager would be nice as I have been approached by another company who want me to implement the Toyota Production System at their car manufacturing plant but after a 15 minute phone interview (the most bizzare and ridiculous interview I've ever had) they didn't want me, but that may have something to do with the fact that I challenged their whole manufacturing process and I felt that they weren't ready for such a change as their old dinosaur ways were going to be too difficult to change.

As good as it may have been, I couldn't work in an environment like that.

I'd love to "run" an MG plant, but China is just a tad too far to commute and I don't really want to move out there. Now if it were the UK, that may be a different kettle of fish.

I can do the manufacturing thing as that's where I started, but I moved on to development at MGR and that's kinda where I am now at the VCA.

Nice to see that people think I could do things though!

Nic

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
There is another one on there - for all those people who have said they could do this job better than the old MGR people, here is your chance...

Sales and Marketing Manager

This post will involve the launch of new branded vehicles with the MG marque. Duties will include supplier liasion. Dealer Network start up and the continuing Global marketing of Nanjing Automotice corporation products.

Job Type Permanent
Location UK, Global
Start Date ASAP
Duration permanent
Salary 40k +and benefits
Ref No 2764-11318-TAG
Date Advertised 09 May 2006

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Windy said:
There is another one on there - for all those people who have said they could do this job better than the old MGR people, here is your chance...

Sales and Marketing Manager

This post will involve the launch of new branded vehicles with the MG marque. Duties will include supplier liasion. Dealer Network start up and the continuing Global marketing of Nanjing Automotice corporation products.

Job Type Permanent
Location UK, Global
Start Date ASAP
Duration permanent
Salary 40k +and benefits
Ref No 2764-11318-TAG
Date Advertised 09 May 2006

Nah doesnt pay enough even though I reckon I would be brilliant at the job.

Launch a burberry edition ZR for the chavs, a myhneer body kit styled ZS for the cruisers and a thief proof ZT for all other markets

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Considering all the travel between the UK and China (assuming it is for Londbridge) and the exposure this role will bring £100k is not a sufficient salary (it would be ok but not excessive) if the roles was lower profile).

As for £40k for the marketing role this is either a middle grade role or the salary is too low.

A few k on salaries now to get the right people is going to pay huge dividends in the future.

BTW Nanjing if you are reading this I have some great ideas for minimising property costs for you and your dealers without reducing quality or screwing tradesmen and operatives (the greatest false economy of all) - my consultancy rates are very reasonable!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts