MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m an old user come back under a different name, couldn’t find the details for my old account sadly. I’ve been finding the site nigh on impossible to navigate on mobile and tablet due to all the pop ups and redirects to BT ads. I have No problem with seeing ads as that helps fund the place. but if the ads stop you using the site then what’s the point?

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Download and set up an ad-blocker - job done.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,193 Posts
Roverlike can possibly help you out with finding your previous account and getting it set up again (verticalscope enforced a password reset a couple of years ago which wasn't set up properly and ended up locking quite a lot of active members out). If you know your old username and the email address that it was associated with, Roverlike may be able to re-unite you :) Hopefully he will see this thread and come to your assistance.

Regarding the ad popups, you can either pay to be a full member, or use AdBlock or something similar, or check the properties of each popup and block them individually if your browser has a facility that allows you to do that.

It wasn't so much the ads themselves that annoyed so much as all the data harvesting and tracking scripts that come with so many of them :mad:

Ohhh, and welcome back by the way :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I couldn’t get any joy with old emails when trying to reset. I’ve set the new one up now so will just stick with this account.

The problem I have with the ads are they redirect me to a different website with no choice. It’s very annoying.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,454 Posts
Hi and welcome Tommy,

Can you put area code and your birthday in your new account, please? I have to match them to Tommytucker account you had previously.

After that we can try to activate your old account ;).

·
Registered
mg_tf
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and welcome Tommy,

Can you put area code and your birthday in your new account, please? I have to match them to Tommytucker account you had previously.

·
Registered
mg_tf
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi and welcome Tommy,

I think it should be updated in my account now.

@Tucker501 Are you able to grab the ads URL? If we get that we can send it to our ad opts team to get blocked.

Niall
Ads seem to be behaving today. As soon as I get a redirect I will come and post the url here.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,896 Posts
@Tucker501 New email address has been attached to the old account and a password reset/reminder has been sent so look out for it, possibly in the spam box. Please let me know how you get on recovering your old account.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts