MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted an pipercross induction kit about 2months ago too my rover 25 is 1.4 103 bhp and at first did'ent feel much of an inprovement in performance only sound,the sound it makes is sweet, nice deep roar that can get a bit loud if you get the revs above 5000 rpm but below that you could drive round the streets all day listening too the sound it makes! but after putting a big fat air feed on the car and your doing say 40 and you want too put your foot down the response is alot better seems smoother pulling away and more power can b felt not alot but enough! but the biggest improvements felt are when your on the motorway doing 70 as soon as you put your foot on the pedal your soon see the needle touching 90 i cant belive how quick it gets there a big improvement! but there are down sides too if you like your traffic light pull offs i think a bit of power is lost there not much but enough too tell! but overal im happy with it and give it a 4 out of 5.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
glad your happy mate, Ive got one on my car too.

Yeh the traffic light thing would make sense, as there is heatsoak when stood. The cold air feed only obvoisly works when the car is moving and air is travveling up the feed to the filter :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
i wonder if perhaps a fan of some sort could be fitted over the inlet of the feed so that when you are sat at the lights the fan kicks in and blows the cold air up the pipe, and then turns off when your moving.

No idea how it would be done but i'm sure it could be. Just a little sensor that starts the fan when your not moving would be good enough.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A large extracter fan may be useful, but what youl get then is the reverse effect. The fan would restrict the ram-air effect through yur pipe

·
Registered
rover_75
588 Posts
Does anyone have more information or a website for this induction kit for the 2.5 KV6 please ?.

Thank you
MGR Boy

·
Registered
rover_75
588 Posts
Thanx Belcher

And thers even pics, that was the next thing i was going to ask for a before and after pic. Thanx again Belcher.

Is the Viper induction kit any good anyone ?.

Thanx
MGR Boy

·
Registered
rover_75
588 Posts
Mmmm looks nice and just to make sure its ok for the 75 V6 aswell ?, pretty sure it should be but better check before i get my hopes up.

Belcher - Was it easy to fit ? and what made you get this induction kit over say a k&n 57i gen 2 ?.

Thanx
MGR Boy

·
Registered
167 Posts
What made me buy the P/C over the K&N - Price mainly!! I already had a Pipercross standard box filter shoe-horned into the std airbox, so just went with that make again. It took no more than 20 minutes to fit, including removing the old airbox. A few screws on the old box, and a sharp tug to remove it from the rubber grommets, and it was out. Also, I already had the cold air feed pipe fitted so that killed some time.

I will say though, the fitting of the actual filter assembly to the metal angled pipe is a :***: design. It relies on you being able to sqeeze the metal in to grip the filter before the jubilee clip gives way. You need nerves of steel to know how far to tighten the clip before it slips !! Once I had done this, I noticed a few days later that it was not a perfect seal as induction oil was leaking from the bottom of it. I therefore used some "duct" tape and put a 1cm wide strip around the filter before fitting. Once on, I then put a 2cm wide strip around the fitted seal to overlap onto both parts before sliding the jubilee clip back over the top of it and tightening it all up. That did the trick - no more wobble, and no more leaking :rvd:

·
Registered
618 Posts
The only thing wrong with the Pipercross Induction kit is the colour of the samco Pipes you get with it, one red one blue. I had planned to get all green samco to go under the bonnet but this has left me to change my mind or change the colour of the induction, which thinking about it....... might be easier

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also have a ZT 190 - if I change to a Piper filter, other than the noise what can I expect in terms of performance and fuel consuption - does it make a difference?

Also, is the filter still effective without the cold air pipes?

Cheers
Marc

·
Registered
167 Posts
other than the noise what can I expect in terms of performance and fuel consuption - does it make a difference?
Fuel consumption - This really depends on how you drive. It is easy to get carried away with the induction roar and use more fuel. I think though, overall, mine seems possibly a little better - certainly no worse.

Performance - Seem to pull through the gears a little better. The main difference I do notice though is on the motorway doing about 70'ish. When you floor it, it rockets up to whatever your bottle can take VERY quickly. I think this is helped however by the cold air feed forcing cold air staight to where it needs it. I would certainly suggest you fit one.

On the subject of performance, does anybody else's door ajar light come on at 130Mph ?

Belcher :minxy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Belcher

Thanks for the info - I'm going to order one today and look forward to hearing/feeling the difference.

Did you connect your cold feed pipe to the vent/opening in the bumper or just drop it down through the engine bay?

Many thanks
Marc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts