MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that fitting one of these would invalidate my warranty (which runs to July 2007), but how easy would it be to remove the Piper kit and refit the original air filter prior to the yearly service? Would a dealer notice or even care?

Tradman

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Assuming it's like the K&N one, which it probably is. It takes about 5 minutes to remove the induction kit and fit the air box back. You can even secure the orriginal air box in the boot in the smaller of the two straps, then you just need to carry a pair of players, a screwdriver and a 8mm spanner and you can re-fit the air box anywhere anytime.

·
Registered
mg_zs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Schtopper. Now can anyone tell me whether fitting one to A ZS 120 will make any difference at all in terms of bhp, acceleration (or anything at all), or will it simply make a nice "vroom vroom" noise?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
hmmm drastically open to intrepretation this one.

If you were to ask me if can tell the difference in my car with induction kit and without i would answer with a definite yes most certainly. It instantly feels quicker to pick up revs and feels a lot free-er after 4000rpm. The problem is i couldn't say for certain how much of this is my own illusion brought on by the deep and satisfying growl the engine makes with an induction kit and how much is actual increased power.

As a general guide on the 1.8 a decent induction kit with a good cold air feed will give you somewhere around 5 or 6Bhp at best, probably during winter. It does however shift the torque around a little and i think this has a more noticeable effect. For me i'd say the thing i notice the most is the pick up, if you're just tootling along at 2500rpm in say 2nd gear and then floor it, the engine seems to pick up and start accelerating earlier than without.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a pipercross viper on mine and used to have a piper vector. I think the viper is a little better but not worth the extra money when compared to the much cheaper vector cone, the sound either one makes is pretty awesome. The great thing about it is you can drive quite and then just open it up. Works well on grannies :). only kidding.
5 mins max to change it BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.