MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pleeeaaaase help!
hi all. having had a head on collision last november - i can finally now continue modding as all is fixed :bgrin:

i have changed all sorts (interior etc) and i'm left to lower it. as you can see on the pic (especially front arch) i need to close some gaps concerning the suspension!

i'm still at college so iim really on limited funds ...... but i've seen these. what do you think or can anybody suggest better for a similar price?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZR-Performance-Shock-Absorbers-Springs-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ4637600241QQcategoryZ10414QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks for reading guys, Tom

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Looking good there mate,you can get a set of GMAX springs/dampers off ebay for the same price.

This will give a drop of 40mm+.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
350 Posts
i would do similar, zr dampers and then lowering springs designed for a zr such as the avo's. easily see a 55mm drop.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plum25 said:
those wheels look quite small? looks good though! I'd slam it 55mm on zr avos?
cheers for the comments guys. strange, my alloys do look really small on that pic, they are 17" wolfrace octane wheels. thankfully they look bigger in the flesh. lol

il try price some lowering springs too then to change from the original 160 springs that are on ..... i presume the original 160 springs would sell if i put them on fleabay?

cheers, tom

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
][-][-][-][Y][ said:
they will give it a small drop, not much

bout 15-20mm.

but if you just want to get it a bit lower at a resonable price i would go for these.... http://www.bansheemotorsport.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_4073_703_4195
cheers for the reply. mmm, coilovers.... if only :fishslap:

that website seems very reasonable. i'd love to only get springs, but i think i'd need to replace my dampners as my car is p reg - at a guess ... would replacing springs wear these old shocks out extra quickly and bottom out all them time? i'm thinking a pair of zr shocks maybe and a set of loewring springs. so unsure!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts