MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i picked the car up last night and i have a little list of miniscule issues which i want to sort out and was wondering if you guys could help me!

1. The clock is all blurred. Im presuming this is a common problem on Rover 200/25 as ive seen it happen in alot of them. Can this be easily replaced? Or can it be fixed?

2. The drivers side electric window goes down stupidly slow! Im thinking the motor maybe?

3. The car has been sat off the road for a little while and now when you open the doors they are stiff and squeek quite a bit. Is this a case of WD40 on the joints and hinges?

4. The passenger side wing mirror glass is cracked. They are electric mirrors. Is this going to be expensive to replacce? Where should i look for a replacement?

Thanks in advanced, no doubt ill spot more issues to add to the list!

·
Registered
rover_75
432 Posts
1. Not sure if it can be fixed but the clock is very easy to replace.

2. The window will just be stiff - before condemning the motor, try lubricating the guide rails it slides in - this helped my windows. You'll need to take the door panel off unfortunately.

3. Use WD40 or similar to get the hinges and check straps freed off, but the best long term fix to stop them sticking again will be a heavier oil, like 3-in-1, or a smear of grease.

4. Check www.ebay.co.uk for the mirror glass.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I managed to get a passenger side mirror, the full thing for £10 from a scrappy for my previous car when some idiot smashed the glass. Just had to change the colour coded backing plate.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
dead easy......if i can do it anyone can lol.

just prise the cover off and undo the 2 screws and thats it.

why don't u upgrade to a trafficmaster one??

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
MICHAELB said:

They cost a bit dont they?

·
Registered
935 Posts
with regard to the mirror :

halfords replacement mirror glass will just stick on top of your existing one, you wont have to change anything, will be less than £10, more likely £6 somthing, if not instock they can get it next day

cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks for the help everyone!

MICHAELB said:

Whats the difference?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Red-Diezel said:
Ok thanks for the help everyone!

Whats the difference?
It tells you if there are traffic jams up ahead using the trafficmaster system (those blue cameras you see hanging off bridges and on poles).
Think it alerts you if there is jams up to 2 junctions ahead or something, no idea how that helps though, as you dont know where the jam is.....still cool though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Samuel said:
It tells you if there are traffic jams up ahead using the trafficmaster system (those blue cameras you see hanging off bridges and on poles).
Think it alerts you if there is jams up to 2 junctions ahead or something, no idea how that helps though, as you dont know where the jam is.....still cool though.
Lol...think ill just stick to the standard one that costs 5 quid, i only ever go one junction up the motorway to work.

Cheers anyway!

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
dont wd40 the ninges !!!! it goes sticky it is the stuff of the devil , use spray grease or similar these dont go sticky , WD40 is for freing things that are stuck rather than lubricating

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I "think" you can get wing mirror glass from halfords. They just stick over the top of the existing glass. Thats what my dad did to his volvo any way.

Stick some oil on the door hinges and also the runners of the window.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok just a little update:

Mirror - £13 delivered from ebay. Its the authentic rover glass with the heated glass bit on the back and the bracket for the electric part too.

Doors + Window - Going to hellfrauds to get some spray grease of some kind tomorrow. Will remove both door cards and grease up the window runners and grease the hingest on the door etc.

Clock - £2.50 from fleabay!

Mods - Ordered the ZR spoiler, pick it up on saturday so ringing round today to find somebody who can spray it this weekend. Going to search on here before i ask the quesiton as to how you go about fitting it lol, i know it irritates people asking repeat questions! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts