MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello very soon im going to invest in some pi springs.

they will lower the car 40mm.

now i have wheels that have et 38. 205x7x40. will i have any rubbing problems? or should i be ok?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Should be fine, but please consider a different make of spring. Pi are as awful as they get. There are much better out there for the same sort of money.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is so wrong with pi then? are they at least an "OK" SPRING? ive notices stu that you dont like pi springs, howcome they are so bad?

anyone else own pi springs?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
I also have PI lowering springs, great. Why people seem to give them such a bad reputation i dont know. Btw they wont lower your car by 40mm as said on the tin, youre lucky if you get 30mm.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
Pi springs in my experience, are cack

in my case they over compressed and caused a whole lot of damage to the CV joints and made my tyres bald on the inside due to excessive towing out

very very crashy and painful ride because of it too

but there are mixed opinions, so just hope you get a good set
Matt

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
mickaffronti said:
what is so wrong with pi then? are they at least an "OK" SPRING? ive notices stu that you dont like pi springs, howcome they are so bad?

anyone else own pi springs?
Mate was a Pi reseller up until about 3 years ago. Fitted loads of them and had to replace lots due to them forever sagging or complaints about the ride quality. Went on to mainly sell Gmax or Avo's as budget springs and have very few complaints, and even less failures.

Granted they could have changed over the last 3 years, but from what I have read across the forums it seems this is not the case.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
had PI's on my r214si and never had any problems with them, they certainly dont lower 40mm i wud say 30 is more accurate and although they are "very crashy" i wouldn't worry about them failing. had mine on for 2 years and never had a problem. good for the price.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks. mixed opinions, im going to get some which have already been on a 200 bubble and the lad had no problems. thats why im getting them, they seem like a solid set.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
As requested by pm. First pic is lowered on PI, second is lowered on coilovers. Best ive got im afraid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts