MG-Rover.org Forums banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here's my ex-demonstrator GT S, purchased just today, photographed on my driveway a while back when I first took it for a test drive, and sporting the dealer's personalised demonstration plate, TSE alloys and advertising livery. It was already back on its "twists" today, and by the time I pick it up on Monday it'll be decal-free and sporting a new registration plate, but this pic is worth posting as a record of its start in life.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
17 Posts

My new 1.8 SE 12 plate MG6.

It is the X cycle team car, Just being prepped at the moment and picking it up middle of september when I come back from my holidays!

·
Registered
mg_zs
11 Posts
Off to Brusells

Faultless trip to Brusells and showed the Rover Club there what a 6 looked like. 2011 plate only 12k on it in April14. Got it off ebay, but local dealer supplied.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Love that pic Baz - really captures the road presence of the '6.

Me and the Mrs will be driving to Switzerland in the MG3 soon - I bet the Swiss have never seen one!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello guys, don't shoot me for asking, but I live in Belgium and I'm really interested in buying an MG6.
But there is no dealer here.
How can I get one of these?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hello guys, don't shoot me for asking, but I live in Belgium and I'm really interested in buying an MG6.
But there is no dealer here.
How can I get one of these?
Speak to Simon Bennett at the MG salescentre in LongbridgEnter he has already sorted a car out for a customer in Germany

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The paintwork looks fantastic. I think the Chinese may be still using two pack. My Six had the best paintwork of all the cars I have owned!!

Great number plate.

Filter looks nice, but will it still be in place a week from now. Mine lasted a day!! Very loud!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
That is the question mate!

I have no sound deadening under the bonnet as it is and you certainly hear the DV a lot more than I thought if it does grate on me I will try insulate the sound a little before decinding if it will go.

Its silent when going a steady 60-70 and using cruise control completely eliminates the induction roar with very steady acceleration so we shall see.

So far I'm seeing slightly higher MPG than my commute would normally bring me which is surprising.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts

Fitted the Heatshield yesterday..

No change in intake temps (OEM / Open cone and Shielded are all the same)

What has changed is the noise though. With the purely open setup, it was perhaps a tad loud for the character of the car and the BOV was very noticeable from in the cabin. Fitting the heat shield has made a difference to that. It seems to allow a lot less BOV sound into the cabin. Its certainly still there and still very much audible but it is possible to go a journey without it being intrusive.

Only when you really open the throttle do you get the roar which is exactly what - and when - i want to hear

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1 Posts
Ive had my mg for a few months now and thought it was about time i joined a forum to keep up with other peoples knowledge of the car, this is the first mg i have ever had.

just washed it and the clouds decided to open up

·
Registered
mg_tf
52 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of the F/TF forum since 2015, today I took delivery of my new daily drive, a MG6plus TSE, Essence as the equipment level is named in Australia. Leased price was just over $21,000.00 AU. As the stock of MG6's are now very limited I didn't have a choice of colour, but I do like the black roof.

Attachments

221 - 240 of 240 Posts