MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals!

Can you please tell me wether there is something missing in the following pic from my engine??? looks like some bolt is missing....

Attachments

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Perry, I've had numerous cars where there have been tapped holes in the engine block with nothing screwed in, the TF is just the same. The K series engine is fitted to numerous models, not just the TF, what is used on the TF may not be used on the ZR for instance, and the opposite applies of course. My bet is there is nothing missing.

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
No.. Dont drive the car any more.

Isnt that where the Flux converter should be bolted on ? :idea:

Just kidding - Nothing there on mine Perry

·
Registered
45 Posts
I´ll take a look at mine this evening (I hope, as I'm one of those who has to work this weekend, s**t). It's a 160 as yours, so it can help.

See you later

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jase said:
No.. Dont drive the car any more.

Isnt that where the Flux converter should be bolted on ? :idea:

Just kidding - Nothing there on mine Perry
Nothing???? you mean nothing bolted on right? so yours looks like mine right?
Or nothing looks like missing???

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Hi Perry,

Mine is the same, See pic. I asked the same question when I spotted it and all the people who looked said they had an empty thread which looked very clean as if something had dropped out. So either we're all in trouble or it should be like this.

Phil

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Might take a picture of mine tonight - need to get some more shots for a project i am working on anyway.

I can confirm though that mine has an open thread (nothing bolted in) as well. This part is also stamped with SF and AP representing the car and me, by Mike Satur when he gas flowed my head. :)

G

·
:sick2:
straffs said:
Er, you can't lift an F/TF engine out you have to drop it.
Do you mean push it up?

Dropping it in means installing trhough the top. Lifting out means removing through the top. Those are two sides of the same coin!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Richard Moss said:
:sick2:
Do you mean push it up?

Dropping it in means installing trhough the top. Lifting out means removing through the top. Those are two sides of the same coin!!
Nah, I meant the engine is taken out from underneath, i.e. dropped out of the car as oppossed to pulled out of the car IYSWIM. :2c:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts