MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the situation is or could be with the Phoenix chain of dealers? At least other dealers can start to sell other brands to stay in business but I can't see the Phoenix ones doing this. I'm concerned that they could close completely. :sad2:

Also, anyone got any advice on this:

My car is booked in for warranty work on the 21st at a Phoenix dealers and I'm starting to worry if it could be too late should the worst happen. They have parts in stock for my car now, would it be better to go up there and collect them in case the worst happens to MGR? :err:

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
I don't know m8, they don't just sell new cars, they sell used cars too - so they can do that in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Yeah, sadly I have to agree - I can't see them lasting much longer than that....the overheads are huge.....so without sales, it's a downward spiral :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
parsec said:
Does anyone know what the situation is or could be with the Phoenix chain of dealers? At least other dealers can start to sell other brands to stay in business but I can't see the Phoenix ones doing this. I'm concerned that they could close completely. :sad2:

Also, anyone got any advice on this:

My car is booked in for warranty work on the 21st at a Phoenix dealers and I'm starting to worry if it could be too late should the worst happen. They have parts in stock for my car now, would it be better to go up there and collect them in case the worst happens to MGR? :err:
Well I've been told not to worry and I work at one of them (in sales) although we work for Phoenix we are a sub company .If the worst does happen the factoty needs a dealer to sell existing stock and service cars . Thats going to be us all warrantys on new and existing cars will be kept so I don't think there is any need to worry at the moment. But I know one thing we have alot of cars to sell and at very good prices

Hope this helps !!!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if this has been posted already but the chap at my supplying dealers (which is a Phoenix showroom) said they are in administration. This means them too not MGR. :(

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Steve
We all feel for the workers and their families (especially those of us who have been redundant in the past) but we are also owners with worries.

Warranties are obviously a major concern for many of us who have bought cars within the past 3 years.

Do you have any real info about the warranty situation, rather than the mixture that we are getting from various dealers, both indie & Phoenix.

Many, like me, will have bought a car (in my case from Phoenix in April 2004) at a price that included 3 years warranty. There are various opinions on where these warranties are placed - all 3 years with MGR and/or 1 year MGR + 2 years 3rd party. Are these cars covered by warranty for the 3 years? Who by? SofGA makes the supplier responsible for year 1 but this may be the manufacturer for cars. Have the waranties already been funded with the monies that we paid?

You probably don't know the answers any more than we do but any influence you can use to get a decent statement from somebody would be appreciated by us all.

Cheers, and keep up the good site.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
The current situation with regards to warranties is as in the other thread; basically mgr don't have the money to pay them. The decision of whether to do warranty work or not is dependant on the individual dealears. Some will, some won't.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Does anyone know what the situation is or could be with the Phoenix chain of dealers? At least other dealers can start to sell other brands to stay in business but I can't see the Phoenix ones doing this. I'm concerned that they could close completely.
whilst I sympathise with the individuals concerned, as a dealership it could be the best thing that happened to the chorley dealership

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
steve.collier2 said:
whilst I sympathise with the individuals concerned, as a dealership it could be the best thing that happened to the chorley dealership
What to no longer exist? They have a loyal customer base in Chorley, but now there's a fancy new Ford dealer there AND they face certain closure. How can that be a good thing?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sprinter said:
Many, like me, will have bought a car (in my case from Phoenix in April 2004) at a price that included 3 years warranty. There are various opinions on where these warranties are placed - all 3 years with MGR and/or 1 year MGR + 2 years 3rd party. Are these cars covered by warranty for the 3 years? Who by? SofGA makes the supplier responsible for year 1 but this may be the manufacturer for cars. Have the waranties already been funded with the monies that we paid?
Probably best ring the dealer... I've rung mine and the car I bought in September from Phoenix in Northampton will have the warrantee honoured (all 3 years) as I bought my car from them - I guess if the dealer folds the warrantee will go down with them. They won't do it for cars bought from other franchises/garages though.

I was also told that it is 'business as usual'

1 - 17 of 17 Posts