MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Reading between the lines, doesn't sound definite that Phoenix will be going into administration. Also seems highly unlikely that PWC can do much restructuring in MGR without a finger in the Phoenix pie.

This is still a "soft" report, need to hear more news.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
xerif what was the point of posting it. They can't even get company name right let alone don any reporting. I will tell you know PVH (Phoenix Venture Holdings' will not go under. They get profit from X-Part, MG Sport and Racing, The MG X-Power Brand, Studly Castle and lots of other companies including MG Rover direct, Phoenix Distribution and Phoenix Venture Resourcing.

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
I think so many of these posts need combining in the main thread at the top - otherwise every item will be ..what that paper said...what this one said...and we all know it's b******s until PWC make announcements - they are in control now - not the press - even though they brought MGR down

·
Registered
90 Posts
Given how last week we were being told that MG Rover wasn't going to go bust I think at the moment the best course of action is to wait and see. The endless speculation while understandable is simply that "speculation"

·
Registered
mg_zs
358 Posts
to any moderators out there:

it may be worth having a seperate section of the forum for all of the recent news.

My suggestion is:

General MG or Rover related chat: should be kept, but strictly for items that do not relate to the recent news

Have a new section in the forum and have the following sections:
1) Press stories
2) A.N Other (perhaps relating to administration talks?)
3) A.N.Other (perhaps relating to dealerships, warranties, future sales etc?)
4) A.N.Other (The future of MG Rover)
5) A.N. Other (Misc)

or something similar, mine is merely a suggestion! Hopefully this will keep the rest of the forums fairly clean, and also makes it more obvious if a similar thread has already been posted (I have seen dozens of posts on warranties alone).

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Can we call the new section 'The Bullsh1te Forum'

Cause thats what alot of this is.

Everyone is speculating about all sorts. Its getting really difficult to keep up with it all.

No offence to anyone by the above.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sejin26 said:
xerif what was the point of posting it. They can't even get company name right let alone don any reporting. I will tell you know PVH (Phoenix Venture Holdings' will not go under. They get profit from X-Part, MG Sport and Racing, The MG X-Power Brand, Studly Castle and lots of other companies including MG Rover direct, Phoenix Distribution and Phoenix Venture Resourcing.
The point was pretty obvious: some people are still holding out hope that PVH can manage a rescue of MG as a brand. This would seem to indicate that is not an option.

Can I suggest you read this artice
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1561289_3,00.html

which might help you understand the true picture on assets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts