MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pug's sales have dropped 15% according to the B'ham Post. This is being attributed to the decision to close Ryton.....what a shame..... :)

..so that was a profitable move then...

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm really not surprised - the current range is distinctly underwhelming. Many people were prepared to put up with the iffy build quality and woeful choice of interior materials when the cars rode and handled so nicely, and they looked attractive, but the 206, 307 and 407 are inferior to their predecessors in these respects.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
MGROVERnut said:
Pug's sales have dropped 15% according to the B'ham Post. This is being attributed to the decision to close Ryton.....what a shame..... :)

..so that was a profitable move then...

Man can't live on good advertising alone! when a company continues to finish in the bottom quater of all respected surveys for a poor dealer network, pathetic residual value, disgraceful reliability and build quality plus bad public relations somethings gotta give. And about time, I am sick of the sight of ugly wide mouth Francomobiles!

PS Anyone noticed how all 206 cc drivers are middle aged overweight women, with short bleached hair and usually pretty rotten looking, do they think driving one of these makes them attractive? They should be driving a hardtop with tinted windows!

·
Registered
rover_25
1,034 Posts
Go

MGROVERnut said:
Pug's sales have dropped 15%
Good, that'll teach them from pulling the plug at Ryton.

Mind you maybe we shouldn't be blaming them, we should be blaming our inept government and the souless, selfish, celebrity obssesed society they have created.

Get Labour out!
________
EXTREME Q

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
ChrisMG said:
Good, that'll teach them from pulling the plug at Ryton.

Mind you maybe we shouldn't be blaming them, we should be blaming our inept government and the souless, selfish, celebrity obssesed society they have created.

Get Labour out!
I agree, but the Tories? they were less than useless with BL, Austin and Austin Rover! As for the Lib Dems, my council tax seems to go up every month! Labour have had their chance and its time for a change, so who can we trust to restore a bit of pride to this once great land?

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
isnt the stereotyping just as bad as when people say all rover drivers have flat caps etc?

double standards again!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
deelunn said:
isnt the stereotyping just as bad as when people say all rover drivers have flat caps etc?

double standards again!

No because I have honestly not seen one single moderately attractive one! My girlfriend calls them mutton. I would agree if it was only one in three or even 50% but sadly, all of them are rough.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I bought a 206 in 2000 principly because i liked to car and it was assembled here, while at the time B*W were generally stuffing Rover up.

Needless to say now they are closing Ryton I will not be buying another Pug.

However one suspects the sales drop will only be temporary especially once as has been said the 207 is fully up and running, in fact a cynic like myself might say that the sales drop is due to all the potential 206 customers suddenly realising their cars built in England!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
iburnley said:
I bought a 206 in 2000 principly because i liked to car and it was assembled here, while at the time B*W were generally stuffing Rover up.

Needless to say now they are closing Ryton I will not be buying another Pug.

However one suspects the sales drop will only be temporary especially once as has been said the 207 is fully up and running, in fact a cynic like myself might say that the sales drop is due to all the potential 206 customers suddenly realising their cars built in England!!
That was cynical indeed...

·
Registered
rover_25
1,034 Posts
Go

MGsales said:
so who can we trust to restore a bit of pride to this once great land?
I thought UKIP were the answer. Most of the cars the members own are british. Our local UKIP man drives a Land Rover Discovery.

Heres some of their advertising methods :rotflmao:

http://www.westbournemouthukip.com/Buses/metro.jpg
http://www.westbournemouthukip.com/Buses/Landover.jpg

The thing is their finished without a good leader. What they need is a leader who can sort out the party (and the website). If the party was sorted out then you could watch the patrotic MP's running from the Tory party.

But to be honest, god knows what will happen to the UK. Whilst most other EU countries have retained their culture, pride and way of life ours has been ruined. To tell the truth im not proud of the UK, because what is their to be proud of?
________
Suzuki Rg250

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
MGROVERnut said:
This is being attributed to the decision to close Ryton.....
I'd be surprised if that was the cause as most of the UK buying public seem to neither know or care where a car is manufactured. Be interesting to see what happens to Vauxhall sales.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Well their 206 was the best seller, and with the new 207 being released soon and production of the 206 scaling down, this was bound to happen.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ive seen lots of new clios about, but I dont think ive seen a single 207.
Im not too upset, but I dont like the new clio either.

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Samuel said:
Ive seen lots of new clios about, but I dont think ive seen a single 207.
Im not too upset, but I dont like the new clio either.
you wont have the 207 doesn't go on sale until tomorrow (8/6/06 for those reading it later!!)

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
There's a black demo model sitting outside our Pug' dealership. Not too bad in the flesh, but those light clusters are still way too big...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
paynemgzr said:
you wont have the 207 doesn't go on sale until tomorrow (8/6/06 for those reading it later!!)
Damnit I knew there was something up with me seeing none. I look (more of) a right tit now.
Anyway I prefer the old clio and old 206, at least style wise.
I actually suspected that it might not be out, went to pug website but it didnt say "NOT OUT TILL TOMORROW YOU IDIOT" so I thought it must be out and bombing as i'd hope.

·
Registered
341 Posts
MGsales said:
Man can't live on good advertising alone! when a company continues to finish in the bottom quater of all respected surveys for a poor dealer network, pathetic residual value, disgraceful reliability and build quality plus bad public relations somethings gotta give. And about time, I am sick of the sight of ugly wide mouth Francomobiles!

PS Anyone noticed how all 206 cc drivers are middle aged overweight women, with short bleached hair and usually pretty rotten looking, do they think driving one of these makes them attractive? They should be driving a hardtop with tinted windows!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

maxi_crawf

1 - 20 of 38 Posts