MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start my car up i get a really strong smell of petrol! is this a big problem? im taking it for a sevice in a few weeks but should i get it checked out now in case im doing any damage?
cheers ryan

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,295 Posts
It’s difficult to say, it could be something like needing a new fuel cap seal to a problem with the fuel system. Have you noticed that you are using more petrol then normal?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
petrol seems to be going down the same as normal. may get it checked just to be safe. cheers ryan. will check that site aswell . thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
cjmillsnun said:
Excuse me there are loads of Fers here!
And a lot of those TF owners owned Fs before they got the TF.

I wasn't trying to be offensive to anyone, it's just that most people here have the newer cars and might not be aware of the early petrol tank problems. There is years of information on the BBS and since it's free why not use it. I wasn't trying to upset anyone - if I was you wouldn't be in any doubt :)

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
'morning DC

I know you were only trying to help. I'm frequently surprised by some of the questions that crop up on here. Seems nobody can understand what a SEARCH facility is for. When I got my first F, I googled for 'MGF petrol smell' and found the BBS and have been a signed up member ever since.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Chris T said:
Unlike the good old days when you had to pay £6 to join.:)

Chris,

I might be wrong but I'm not aware that you ever had to pay to become a member of the BBS. I joined quite a few years ago and never paid anything.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,295 Posts
I paid to join when I first had the Internet at home so that would be 1998, didn’t bother the following year due to many juvenile flame wars at the time and then it must have become free sometime after.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Chris T said:
I paid to join when I first had the Internet at home so that would be 1998, didn’t bother the following year due to many juvenile flame wars at the time and then it must have become free sometime after.

I didn't know that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts