MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its a long shot but need one to clear the grass and nettles in the new house ive bought

not looking to pay for new one as i only need it for a bit

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndBurG said:
im in same situation, hire shops hire out large petrol ggrass trimmers, try your local hss
yeah but they seem to charge stupid amount so i thought i'd see if i could buy one

saw one in locla paper for £30 but missed it

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
b21playa said:
yeah but they seem to charge stupid amount so i thought i'd see if i could buy one

saw one in locla paper for £30 but missed it

£26for a day from HSS, local tool hire place should do it £5 cheaper

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just seen one for sale in local paper for £40 - will be goingto see it later, rather may £10 more and keep ot so i can use again

·
Registered
571 Posts
Make sure it starts and keeps running. Small petrol engines can be a pig. I use a 4 stroke Honda and get through about 15-20 litres of fuel a year. This is the fourth strimmer I've had and the best.

Malcolm

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MalcolmBrown said:
Make sure it starts and keeps running. Small petrol engines can be a pig. I use a 4 stroke Honda and get through about 15-20 litres of fuel a year. This is the fourth strimmer I've had and the best.

Malcolm
just seen a brand new one in the box in local paper for £50.

as its never been used how can i test it, what fule does it take - is it neat petrol or a mix of petrol and 2stoke oil?

advice needed plz

·
Registered
571 Posts
Can't be sure but I think that most modern small petrol engines are 4 stroke; 2 strokes are usually dirty beasts and 'environmentally unfreindly'. If it's 4 stroke there is no fuel mixing just run it on unleaded and they are generally easier to start. Mine started second pull after the winter. £50 for a new machine is remarkably cheap so it's either a great bargain or a dud. It's probably worth a chance, if it was more money I would want to see it running. If it's been used the cutting end will be discoloured.

DO WEAR GOGGLES. They through sharp pointy bits all over the place.

Malcolm

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MalcolmBrown said:
Can't be sure but I think that most modern small petrol engines are 4 stroke; 2 strokes are usually dirty beasts and 'environmentally unfreindly'. If it's 4 stroke there is no fuel mixing just run it on unleaded and they are generally easier to start. Mine started second pull after the winter. £50 for a new machine is remarkably cheap so it's either a great bargain or a dud. It's probably worth a chance, if it was more money I would want to see it running. If it's been used the cutting end will be discoloured.

DO WEAR GOGGLES. They through sharp pointy bits all over the place.

Malcolm
cheers

will be hopefully going tonight to go and see it.

will check to see if its been used and try get away with £40

1 - 10 of 10 Posts