MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To make this thread a bit clearer, I have HAD to buy some new dampers, I bought Mike Satur's blue Spax kit, this thread is the after-fit review.

Thought I'd start a new one for this.

First impressions......I had them set on the softest settings to start off with, choppy ride has gone, but still stiff, but too soft for me so I've cranked them up 4 clicks (28 available), I'll see what thats like on Monday. The mudflaps are catching on long suspension travel, maybe the tweak will reduce that. The position of the adjuster means they can be tweaked with the wheels on with a nice long screwdriver.
before..........

after...........

how to to follow when I get time

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Cheers for update Pete. I can imagine you poking your arches with a screwdriver quite a lot in the cpomiong weeks :lol:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks good that Pete, whats your next job 'a wash' ?,
bet you an't cleaned it since the Peaks Run :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clean that car!!
why??, it'll only get dirty again :lol:

Cheers for update Pete. I can imagine you poking your arches with a screwdriver quite a lot in the cpomiong weeks :lol:
yes, quite a bit, I've put my long screwdriver in the boot ready :lol:

Looks a tad lower now?
yes, altho I always thought that the SP1 was never any where near 10mm lower.

Your car is dirtier than mine :fishslap:

Top work though :broon:
ta, it is filthy I admit :O

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be interested to see a pick of the entire car with lowered suspension!

A good days work eh :broon:
I'll try and remember to take a full side on pic mike.
I started yesterday at about 5pm and finished at about 8:30pm actually, really struggled to remove the o/s top nut.

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
I'll try and remember to take a full side on pic mike.
I started yesterday at about 5pm and finished at about 8:30pm actually, really struggled to remove the o/s top nut.
Unfortunately, there's always one (or in my case its usually two or three :lol:)

Looking forward to seeing that pic!

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the full side pic, can't really see the tops of the tyres tho. Please note how clean he is :D

I can no longer get a trolley jack under now tho without driving up on timbers :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts