MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're big fans of the Strawberry Mivvy, but this new Perodua MYVI looks pretty good too.

We're not sure we'd want to lick it, but the Perodua MYVI is a new supermini from the Malaysian manufacturer.

It has perky good looks, and Perodua promises decent interior space, which seems likely because the MYVI is based on the same platform as the Toyota Yaris.

There's a 58bhp, 1.0-litre engine option and a 1.3-litre engine with 87bhp coupled to either a five-speed manual or four-speed auto gearbox.

Most models will include remote central locking, air-conditioning and all-round electric windows.

The MYVI is expected in UK showrooms from June from £6,500.

Source: www.topgear.com

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Well, it's an improvement over some of the dire tack they have at the moment, but it is still just a re-badged Daihatsu...

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
i like it :) at least the clocks are in the right place on the interior pic, not in the middle for everyone to see like the yaris!

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Funky little car. Front end's nicer than the Sirions. Shame it's destined to be an OAP shopping trolley.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Perodua needs this - I think they sold 20 odd cars in Britain in April!

I thought the sirion 1.0S was £6995 - has it gone up in price?
I can envisage though that equipment levels will be lower than that of the daihatsu, but still much better than perodua's other offerings.

·
Registered
965 Posts
my girlfriend was looking at getting a Daihatsu Sirion, but i think that's better. i'll let her know! ok its a budget car, but compared to the Kelisa, you dont look compltely skint and desparate for a new car.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Yes but they sell well in their home markets, which is a downfall because they have been alienated elsewhere, but thats what you get for providing nondescript city cars. This looks the nicest car yet from them, but the fact its a carbon copy from Daihatsu doesnt do the brand much favours. You'd have thought Perodua would have altered it a bit to make it more individual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts