MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the petrol station yesterday, and while filling up, some bloke got out of a J Reg Fiesta next to me and said "Ill give you a grand for that" and starts laughing with a slight bit of humour. He sounded Irish I think.

So I said "Ill give you a Fiver for that, I know its your best car but am only being honest with you" And winked at him, Ha you wanted to see his face! :rotflmao:

What an ********. :eyes:

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'd have given him a slap and fed him the keys, personally... :twak: It's easy to make promises with money you don't have, eh...

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Many years ago i was working in Liverpool, i gave a work mate a lift home and i got a set of Traffic lights. At the time i was hard up and driving a Lada, ok not a Lotus but it worked and it was cheap.

By the lights was a bus stop, and this morning with was pissing down, chap at the stop was rather wet and i thought about offering him a lift. Than he shouted "Wish i owned a Lada!"

Yes, well given that he didn't own a car at all and he was getting pissed though and a very cold morning, i bet he did!

Silly, soft People!
Mega

·
Registered
908 Posts
How can an irish man in a j reg fiesta say such a thing. I would look in a mirror if I was him,total hypocrite. By the sounds of it and what he drives he couldn't afford your car anyway. You have to collect a lot of scrap metal to get a grand lmao.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How can an irish man in a j reg fiesta say such a thing. I would look in a mirror if I was him,total hypocrite. By the sounds of it and what he drives he couldn't afford your car anyway. You have to collect a lot of scrap metal to get a grand lmao.

So all Irish people are travellers is that what your among at?

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,783 Posts
Haha I didnt notice at first, I was gonna say that a grand is an alright offer.
Maybe he was looking ahead to 2014? ;)

I was struggling to understand why everyone was so scandalised until someone point out it was 2005 (about the time mg-r went under - so that could have been what triggered it). Tbh I was a little worried at the time having two rovers; including the 200 I still have. In retrospect though, no problem with parts etc.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To think I was 21 when I started this thread, now I am heading for 30!

I wonder if that Fiesta is still going :bgrin2:

·
Registered
547 Posts
After the event it is always easy to think of an even better response but I think a really good reply to the statement - I'll give you a grand for that would be........Well that's £995 more than I would offer you for yours & thanks for the offer!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts