MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today someone kindly crashed in to me, leaving a front end of a Volvo 440 sized dent spanning both passesnger side doors and some slight sill damage.To rest assured that my car isnt going to be written off (my insurance com. writes off if repairs are 60% or more of the market value), what is the approx cost of this repair?My car is valued at around £1400 - £1600 according to parkers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Today someone kindly crashed in to me, leaving a front end of a Volvo 440 sized dent spanning both passesnger side doors and some slight sill damage.To rest assured that my car isnt going to be written off (my insurance com. writes off if repairs are 60% or more of the market value), what is the approx cost of this repair?My car is valued at around £1400 - £1600 according to parkers.
very cheap repair really. you can pick up two off-side doors from a breakerys yard for about £70.00 exc delivery.

I got mine from 247 repairs.

You will just need your model details, reg number etc and they will find the necessary details.

They ever went out the way to match my door colour.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I just bump this post?!Ive got a horrible feeling that my insurance company may write my car off (cat d?) now, having read a few articles online?!Does anyone think so or not?Ill try and post picks, but imagine a 7cm deep ding on passesnger side front and a shallow but scratched rear door and the sill looks a bit bent!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
its hard to say mine was only just not written off they had to spot wheld the boot, get a new tailgate, pull out the side panel, replace the back bumper and a few other bits - at that they said it could have been written off - later found out had blown my radio inc cd changer so they had to replace that if they had known at the time the car would have been written off - so its close to call.

if they do write if you you could buy it back and repair it?

btw - my car is same model as yours 25 il 103 3dr

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Christ my stepdad got hit by a volvo taxi driver (passenger rear) and it screwed the axle :lol: (along with the rest of the car)

Is the car structurally sound? No bendy pillars...Cracks, Ripples in the roof etc etc, if it has got any of those then im predicting a total write off....if its nothing major e.g bent doors..and they write it off...buy it back fix it and your laughing.....look on ebay for doors (then ring the company that sell them) i got myself a nice passenger door for my old 200 (Amaranth) for 40quid stripped or 60quid with everything left on it...the only thing you have to do is change the locks over (fiddly)..so it could be ALOT cheaper than they think

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Get it checked out at a garage for any structural damage and if everything's ok, get the doors and repair it yourself.

Normally works out much cheaper than going through the insurance :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts