MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys last night pulling out of my drive i heara hiss followed by much creaking...and get out to find PAS fluid pouring from the car. no sign of a leak and the drip was right beside the header tank.

I think the header blew its lid as there is PAS fluid all arounund it and on the soundproofing under the bonnet. Is this possible, if so why did it do it?

and as my nearest place for bts is 3/4 miles away can i use universal ATF as a temporary PAS fluid.

thansk

andy

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what it looks likefrom here as there is no sign of a leak from anywhere, if its not that i guess its gonna want the hoses replacing.

thanks will let you know what happens.

andy

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Top it back up and run the engine, turn the steering side to side, re top it up - see what happens.

Bets of luck, can't see it being too much.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
pressure in a pas header tank :confused:

don't here that often.

have a look at the various pipes, after you have tryed what dave recomends check for blockages/kinks in pipe lines.

simon :beer:

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
perhaps a one way valve somewhere thats causing the fluid to back up into the header tank under the pressure of the pump

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seems fine, took it for a drive and no problems level is the same, steering is able to turn again...god knows what was wrong with it!!!

andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts