MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
8 Posts
parts availability

ive just bought a 5 door zs on a 53 plate salvage cat d 7,711 miles,very light req headlight panel os inner wing panel dressing ,frt bumper and h/light,the insurance wrote it off cause it was to much trouble to trace the panels,spoke to my local rover dealer in fareham and more than helpful ,informed me the panel supplier had gone tits up im assuming they didnt get paid by rover but this is being resolved as we speak he gave me 2 num for each panel and i rang and ordered them no probs as for other parts apparently theres no probs

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am not responsible for panels and can not talk with great authority but I can tell you what I do know.

The supplier for panels did indeed go bust when MG Rover went under but we have managed to resource from a new supplier who have reverse engineered all of the panels and availability is now improving by the day.

We want to keep cars on the road as much as you do, so please understand that whilst there have been availability problems, they have been and are being resolved quiet quickly under the circumstances.

Thanks,
Ben Charity
Not officially the voice of XPart, but trying to give you a little insider info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its good to know that parts will be available, especially the panels!

What other parts is there a lack of these days? :andburg:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts