MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As with most F/TF's some of the panel gaps and shut lines on my TF were less than perfect, so tackled a few of them this morning.

Worst was the top of the passenger door..... as you can see from the first picture the door is both 'out' and 'down' of the rear quater panel.

First job was to adjust the stricker plate (Below) via the 2 Torx bolts, this (in my case) allowed the plate to be moved 'Up and in' to bring the door shut something like in line..

Next, to get the door flush both top and bottom with the bodywork I adjusted the 2 rubber door 'stops' on the inner door frame (the 2 black bungs top and bottom in the picture) these stops just wind in and out by hand to fine tune the shut line.

Finished..... still not 100% perfect but is a big improvement over before, and also as the rubber adjusters are now tight against the bodywork, 1 less door rattle to worry about!.:)

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Excellent! I keep meaning to look at my doors, I think they're almost the right height, they just sit a bit proud when shut. :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,346 Posts
What is it about the passenger door, that so many are out? I keep meaning to do mine, but never quite get around to it.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent! I keep meaning to look at my doors, I think they're almost the right height, they just sit a bit proud when shut. :)
Will only take you a few minutes Loaky if you have the Torx bit, just move the striker plate in a touch and adjust the stops to suit!.;)

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Will only take you a few minutes Loaky if you have the Torx bit, just move the striker plate in a touch and adjust the stops to suit!.;)
Might have to have a go today or tomorrow, got some Torx bits too from when I had the numper off. :)

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Just had a bosh at mine, the top now sits alright, adjusting the striker plate, though i'll have to look at those bungs I think as it still hangs out at the bottom of the door. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts