MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd remove...how, don't ask me :), as i end up breaking or deforming the plastic inserts generally during my attempts. Somebody will be able to give you advice on that.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But that means I have to take the door cards out... :doh: So much to do... so little time!

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
As long as ur careful...they just pull off.
Just be careful, and remember about the little nut that holds them in at the end of the door as well.

Honestly, thats what the majority of users have done..just pull em.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
the bodyshop painted mine on the car cos they couldn't get em off.

they look ok but to be honest m8 i wud try and get sum from a ZR as the strips are smoother. the 200/25 ones are slightly textured so they never look just right......well mine don't anyway.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess if I get them off I can sand them down anyway...

Now where do I get a can of sparkle silver from?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, apart from the drivers door stip they all came off no problem (undo bolt and slide hand under from end to pop them off. The drivers door bolt wouldn't undo, and I had to pull it off.

Sprayed them up, but I need another tin of paint now :rocker:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I just pulled mine off. First one I broke one clasp because I didnt know it was a screw (Close to the rear door/boot on front bump strips). Flathead screwdriver and thin cotton wrag is best bet so you dont scratch the paint id say

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Enak said:
The drivers door bolt wouldn't undo, and I had to pull it off.
There aint many that stay intact, just get a spare from a scrappy when you can...you will find most are buggered anyway when you try and take em off!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All done now!

For anyone wanting to do this, to refit the bump strips you need to remove the clips in the doors by rotating 90degrees and they come out. Except the ones at the front which are an absolute barstard and likely to be broken. Refit the clips to the bump strips and press onto the door.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts