MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would people say would be the best place to buy car spray from... obviously a rover/mg garage would probs be up there but they would be mega money.. can anyone reccoment anywhere for me?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Errrm they arent megga money really but I suggest a good motor factors even if they have to mix it for you

halfords hummmm .. I've not had much luck really knightfire red was too light, platinum silver too dark I give up

Leaving it to chips away

·
Registered
280 Posts
Errrm they arent megga money really but I suggest a good motor factors even if they have to mix it for you

halfords hummmm .. I've not had much luck really knightfire red was too light, platinum silver too dark I give up

Leaving it to chips away

I am (untill Friday) a member of the Halfrauds staff.... In general we are better at mixing larger quanities as the errors are less.

Are you looking for, say a litre to spray, or rattlecans? The good stores will not charge you if it is not right, as we make the money on the container, not the paint.

The only company I can vouch for is Wessex Autocolours in Wiltshire, who even managed to match the fade on my sky blue 19 year old Fiesta MKII.

http://www.wessexautocolors.co.uk/

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I am (untill Friday) a member of the Halfrauds staff.... In general we are better at mixing larger quanities as the errors are less.

Are you looking for, say a litre to spray, or rattlecans? The good stores will not charge you if it is not right, as we make the money on the container, not the paint.

The only company I can vouch for is Wessex Autocolours in Wiltshire, who even managed to match the fade on my sky blue 19 year old Fiesta MKII.

http://www.wessexautocolors.co.uk/
Sorry I wasnt beign evil I meant the spray cans on the shelves!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
The premixed rattlecans are normally Really Good. Ask them to look up your paint code on the system, 'cause some manufacturers will issue different batches of paint with sub numbers, to cover inconsistancies between batches.

e.g. Say your code was 123, the computer might list 123, 123/a, 123/b....

These are different batches of the same colour, which are slightly different shades. If this is the case, ask them to mix a small amount of each for you to test, (they SHOULD not charge for this). When you find the right sub code, get them to mix it up into cans, but be warned the mixed stuff is £10.99/can not the £5.49 you are used to.

·
Registered
36,497 Posts
wicked ill go down to the one in newmalden see what they say.. if not ill try the link :)
Yes, New Malden are pretty good generally - it's a big store (though watch out for the wall falling on your car)...haven't tried them for paint, but it could be good, there was a really positive thread about Halfords paint here once...

otherwise for original paint I would try Kingsbury's in Hampton...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts