MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

The paint code for my MG TF (2005 model) is HQM which strangely relates to 2 colours, Aquamarine and Goodwood Green.
I need to buy some paint but dont know which to choose? According to RimmerBros, Aquamarine is for the 80th Anniversary models and Goodwood Green is for non 80th Anniversary models.
My TF is a non 80th Anniversary model, so should be Goodwood Green, but I have read conflicting things on different websites, so it may be Aquamarine?
According to RimmerBros, the 2 are different colours despite having the same code?

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on which colour I need, it is very confusing

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,188 Posts
Basically, Aquamarine and Goodwood Green are the same colour, it is simply that MG Rover used the Aquamarine name for the Anniversary TF, and Goodwood Green for the same colour subsequently used as part of the standard colour range from 2004 (although I have seen early marketing literature for the anniversary TF which which referred to Goodwood Green rather than Aquamarine).

You go by the paint code - the code relates to one colour only, regardless of what the marketing department decide to call it in different applications (although there may be very slight differences in shade from on mix to another within the same paint code; you would need to have deeper access to the factory build records to find any specific shade information).

Wherever you order the paint from will mix it from the code, not from the name. However, as a word of caution, my own experience with getting a front bumper sprayed for my ZR is that the mix specified isn't always correct; the first try using HQM mixed under the Lechler system wasn't even close (had a very pronounced colour shift in sunlight), and the next try using some mixed with the Nexa system was still not quite right, but just about acceptably close.

·
Registered
mg_tf
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the detailed reply....I'll just order the code then....I only need to do a wing mirror and touch up bits here and there so hopefully any difference in shade wont be noticeable.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts