MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an advisory on my MOT saying that its revving too high at idle, it certainly feels noisier/rougher than it should be.

Wasn't like this when i got it but its been sitting around for nearly a year. I've changed the leads, plugs, rotor arm, dizzy cap, air filter, oil etc

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
I rekon your stepper motor has had it. Common problem. What I do before doing the rest above is turn the ignition on and wait to hear if it moves. If not then turn it off and it should move then, you will hear a very faint clicking. If it does not then do the above. If it's worked you should then do what I have just said and you will then hear it clicking. If that does not get it clicking then its a knackered stepper.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys... i went to investigate the stepper motor and noticed a red vacuum hose was broken all over the place. Bodged it up with tape & bits of old air suspension hose from the rangie i had lying around... idling 500rpm lower now!

Still too much though, maybe the stepper motor is still gone or could new hoses do the trick completely?

CV boots done as well... now that was one messy arse job, really should have got some gloves! Just gotta get my certificate tomorrow and its all legal! :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts