MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
If the system is 'overcharged' the compressor continually kicks in and out of action.

To release the excess gas/refrigerant unscrew the cap marked 'L' and push a small implement into the valve in exactly the same way as you would to deflate a tyre.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When you checked the pressure, did you have the A/C running at full blast as per instructions?. If you do the check with the A/C off, the pressure is higher ( well it is on mine anyway).

PH

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Just a little word, venting R134a into the atmosphere is illegal with a fine iirc up to £5000 or was it £10k.?? Either way I wouldnt advise the methods posted previously, frostbite burns are not pretty.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Fan Motor

7T5 said:
hi
well the auto lec has taken a look at the car and i called in to see how he was getting on and my chin nearly hit the floor:scary: as the whole of the frontend was removed, it appears that the fan motor has gone to heaven and needs replacing another £252 however i found one for £99 brand new on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-75-MG-ZT-Cooling-Fan-Motor-NEW-A3_W0QQitemZ4645580718QQcategoryZ10414QQcmdZViewItem the auto lec said he could alter the wires if needed. so by friday i should have a working car again.
quote]
Saw the ebay offer for £99 which is a good price. Does the part No he gave correspond to the correct assembly for your CDT. He says to cut and solder if it is different but I beleive the assembly is model specific with the diesel control box having more relays/different configeration so I do not see you can just cut and solder. Are you still sure it was the motor and not the relays in the control box? Members have changed relays in the 'sealed' control box.
I inagine one can put a feed into the motor to see if it is duff

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Don't get too excited just yet, lets wait until the fan is installed first before delving any further :touches something wooden icon :

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good news there 7T5,

As for the smell i used one of them Wynns Airco Fersh from halfords.
REMOVES BACTERIA AND UNPLEASENT ODOURS.
AVOIDS ALLERGIC REACTIONS.
EASY TO APPLY - ONLY TAKES 10 MINUTES LABOUR TIME.

Made mine smell alot better

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
7T5 said:
hi
what do you do with the air fresh then? where does it go? do u remember the ££SSS
thx
Set the aircon on coolest and recirc with engine running. Set of the cleaning stuff inside the car then shut doors and windows, drink tea and chat with cat for half an hour, reopen doors and windows to release any deodoriser still hanging about inside. Don't forget to turn off aircon and engine.
There are other types that expect you to squirt into intake ie where the pollen filter lives.

Hope this helps too. :)

MM

1 - 20 of 21 Posts