MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:err: ideas!

before i start bantering i would like to say well done for an excellent speedy delivery. and yes they were signed for i had to pick them up at the local Royal Mail sorting office as i wasnt in.

ok i have 2 small, 2 large

1 small black

1 small chrome (fitted)

1 large chrome

1 large black

i need some ideas where to put them because once you use them they aint going to be useable after sticking them, so i would like some ideas of where to put the large ones if not small.

my rear passenger windows are tinted limo black and currently 1 small chrome in on.

but my rear window isnt tinted for reasons of safety,

ideas! or pics :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hmm...

If I had those, Id say large black one at the top of the windcreen in the centre. Large chrome one on the back window.

Not sure about the small black one. I would say back passenger window but they wont show up well with tints.

I've just got two small chrome ones on the back passenger windows.

Rich.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excuse the grime, ive used the small ones. just the big ones left.rje227 o u have any pics of your windscreen one? would like to see first before i put it on.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like the black one on the bump strip. Looks nice against the silver:broon:

Rich.
my order was mixed up i was going to put the mg silver large on the windscreen but it looks like i got either blakc or chrome. thinking of which if i did put silver i guess its too attention seeking so maybe black would be a better idea?

anyone got pics?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
my order was mixed up i was going to put the mg silver large on the windscreen but it looks like i got either blakc or chrome. thinking of which if i did put silver i guess its too attention seeking so maybe black would be a better idea?
Yeah, i'm thinking of doing the same. Might pick a couple more stickers up at Cosford. I initially thought large chrome, but I didn't want it to glare in the sun, and thought it might look a bit tacky. A large silver would look good on yours since you car is silver. Or go for black, nice and subtle.:)

Rich.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, i'm thinking of doing the same. Might pick a couple more stickers up at Cosford. I initially thought large chrome, but I didn't want it to glare in the sun, and thought it might look a bit tacky. A large silver would look good on yours since you car is silver. Or go for black, nice and subtle.:)

Rich.
just had a look and realised where the mirror is its black! if i put the sticker on it wont be visable properly. so blacks out of the question. im going to put on chrome.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok its done, but im furious......its not straight, DOH!! :(
what you think besides being lobsided, will have to replace/ remove

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
wow dude - you must REALLY love this site to put 5 .org stickers all over your whip.

They look good where you've put them, but it's one step away from being a billboard! :p

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Looks good actually. Better than I thought it would. It not overly noticeable that its lop sided.

A tip is to run a stanley knife along a straight edge to get the backing square to the actual sticker. Then you know it's straight when you get it closer to the window.:)

Rich.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow dude - you must REALLY love this site to put 5 .org stickers all over your whip.

They look good where you've put them, but it's one step away from being a billboard! :p
lol i wouldnt say 5, i got 3, 1 on the left window 1 on the otherside door strip.

and not forgetting the windscreen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts