MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pic of the MIG in race livery (not complete though) and I have photoshopped the wheels black to see what they look like.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/album.php?albumid=57&pictureid=856

I am a traditionalist...ie I wouldn't ever paint wheels as I believe they look the best as designed in silver (for the MGF anyway) and I was only going to paint the set of race wheels to look a little meaner on the track.

Now however, I like the black wheels and am considering keeping them on the road version.

What does everyone think...I've thought about it too much now and confused myself about it. They will be 2-packed then clear coated if they get done.

Forgot to mention that I now have the stainless roll hoops and the black headlights have masking on them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Urrrghhhh!! No! lol :)

Not my cup of tea, but if that's what floats your boat, go for it! It would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
This is a pic of the MIG in race livery (not complete though) and I have photoshopped the wheels black to see what they look like.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/album.php?albumid=57&pictureid=856

I am a traditionalist...ie I wouldn't ever paint wheels as I believe they look the best as designed in silver (for the MGF anyway) and I was only going to paint the set of race wheels to look a little meaner on the track.

Now however, I like the black wheels and am considering keeping them on the road version.

What does everyone think...I've thought about it too much now and confused myself about it. They will be 2-packed then clear coated if they get done.

Forgot to mention that I now have the stainless roll hoops and the black headlights have masking on them.
I think they look great on a red car.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Nice spot Gos...I have emailed them.
I just deleted the suggestion, reading it again it looks like they are just advertising decals for their site. (might be wrong) :dunno:

any decals like that I think give a race car that particular "look" so it might be worth getting some anyway then deciding whether or not to put them on the car.

stick some pics up if you do :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
i like the shadow crome wheels myself . Would very much like shadow crome wheels and big breaks for my girl

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't just go out and buy different wheels for the MIG over here. When you can find them, they're thousands of dollars for a set, thus have to stick with what I've got.

A set of wheels for the MIG here costs more than you guys pay for the entire car...no kidding!

·
Banned
4,837 Posts
I think it all depends on the colour of your F/TF... I couldn't imagine putting them on a BRG F like mine but on more bold colours like red, yellow or even white I think black alloys would be quite a stiking contrast so I would definitely go for it if I were you!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I like the black/red contrast but have you thought about gunmetal grey? its a couple of shades lighter than anthracite. Only suggesting it because a friend of mine has a Mk2 VX Astra GTE in a very similar shade of red and he had the wheels powdercoated in a deep gunmetal and they looked stunning.

Either that or for an old school track/rally look....White a'la Compomotive :lol:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think black wheels look great on a red car. What do you think about fitting the matt black 11 spoke?
I wouldn't be able to get any here that I can afford.

I like the black/red contrast but have you thought about gunmetal grey? its a couple of shades lighter than anthracite. Only suggesting it because a friend of mine has a Mk2 VX Astra GTE in a very similar shade of red and he had the wheels powdercoated in a deep gunmetal and they looked stunning.

Either that or for an old school track/rally look....White a'la Compomotive :lol:
That's an idea...I'll photoshop it and have a look.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think it all depends on the colour of your F/TF... I couldn't imagine putting them on a BRG F like mine but on more bold colours like red, yellow or even white I think black alloys would be quite a stiking contrast so I would definitely go for it if I were you!
i reckon black wheels look great on a brg tf

·
Registered
mgf
417 Posts
Hmm I like the idea of gun metel grey with red, I'm going to start my wheels so if you have a pic to give us an idea.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think the answer to this one is, if you're going to put any colour wheels on other than silver, you have to really like them and be happy with it, becuase public opinion will be against you.

Don't think i've seen a thread yet where black/shadow/white/etc comes out as the popular opinion.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im beginning to think that I will just stay with the silver and leave the black for racedays. Although I can whats going to ahppen...I'll put my race wheels on then they'll just happen to stay there. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts