MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna go look at an X reg 25 over weekend.

62k on the clock...

selling for 3k....

comes fully valeted / serviced / mot'd...

includes 6 month warranty...

worth the full 3k?

·
Registered
mg_zr
208 Posts
seems a bit steep

i just recently purchased my rover 25 1.4 3door
full service history
new cambelt
new tyres brakes
service week before i brought it
very clean

£2000

·
Registered
714 Posts
I got my W reg R25 last Nov, 37500 miles, full years tax, fully serviced and MOT for £2200!

Id say that £3k is a lil steep!

Check around in Autotrader for local R25s and compare prioces... Thats what i did and got a good deal :D

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
That sounds like a lot! Got my 02 25 impression 2 s for £2,700 with 32,000 on the clock. Got 3 month warranty on mine while you get 6. Even so, mine got valeted, serviced and a new MOT.

Look around first. For that price I'd want a full tank of fuel, 12 months tax (6 minimum) and a set of car mats.

Si:)

I DRIVE A...

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
I got my X Reg 25 45k on the clock recent water pump and cambelt change, 3 month warranty, 6 months tax and new mot. For £1400. Add on top of that the fact I spent £350 on a new Headgasket £1750 still a lot cheaper and its only just ticked 50k. Hunt arround can always find a better deal but then again playing the used car market is always a risky business. You never really know what your getting for your moolah.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
yes when i was lookin at 25s there were w and x reg ones for around the 2 k mark, so 3 does seem steep , though i am aware of place near mine selling one for 3k but id didnt look at it for this reason.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just had another look, found a 1.6 il with front fog / black leather interior /alloys... the lot.

200 mile / 7 day money back guarantee.

mileage is bout 74k but is only £2800

still a fairly high price, rekon its worth it?

plus its had a hpi, which another car (almost exactly same price / type) had £3k of finance still on it

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Buying cars is like producing a fine wine, it requires patience and time but once you've got the right one it tastes so nice you'll never want to drive/drink anything less every again :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts