MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My name is Jelle and I come from the Netherlands and I'm 22 years old.

I own now for about 3 years a Rover 214si bubble.

I started from standerd and began tuning after about 1 day lol.

Now I have got:
2+2 exhaust, 17" special colour powdercoated wheels, lowered with ZR suspension, fully custom 2-tone paintjob upper half original amaranth paint, lower half with custom house of kolor flip and airbrush gieger style for those that know of him.
temporary bodykit (front and sides).
Ice: Audiobahn ABC6003 compo up front and kicker KX1200.1 amp and 2x Audiobahn AW121t subwoofers in the rear.
Leather retrim too match outside and some neons in the interior.

Here are some pictures.

starting from how I bougt it only exhaust fitted first thing I did.

here are some pictures of when I got the bodykit fitted and had the respray done.
first had to take the rearbumper of and cut the holes for my 2+2 exhaust, unfortunatly id did not fitted 100% but was corrected later.

sideskirts had too be slightly modifeid, did it myself

as you can see the front looks awsome without the bumper on.

here the result with the new bumper fitted (tox design for those who want too know no super quality but what you expect of fiberglass).

a side profile

overall picture

here are some pictures of work in progress.

and the finished pictures without the wheels cause had to wait till car was back too get the matching colours of the tribal airbrush.

and the current state it's in with the wheels.

hope the tread is not to long if so sorry.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
wow!! impressed but you missed one photo out!!!

22 female!? and no pic of the owner!!! criminal!

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
John said:
wow!! impressed but you missed one photo out!!!

22 female!? and no pic of the owner!!! criminal!
I think the one titled "sideskirts had too be slightly modifeid, did it myself" may be a pic of the owner?

Looks good.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The quality of the work looks good, but generally not my cup of tea.

I'm a big fan of amaranth, and so covering half of it in graphics, even though they look great, is a bit rude to me. Also I'm not sure if the grey/green colour goes with amaranth right. Seems a bit of a clash.

Also not a fan of the front bumper/skirts, but each to their own.

Do you actually have parking sensors, or are they just leftovers from the bumper?

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I think you've done a good job there mate. Not my sort of thing, not sure about the huge cans on the back, but it looks decent.

I'd have prefered a full respray in that colour as it looks better than the Amaranth:dddc:
The front bumper looks OK too something different that I've not seen before. Not as in yer face as the Komodo.

You need to get de-oranging and colour coding your grill though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The airbrushing looks fantastic! as does the rear end, big fan of those parts of the car. The skirts i feel could be better, but you did say in the post that they are temporary? what other plans do you have for it? very unique Vi you have though, well done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts