MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly have all my TF conversion parts in my grubby little hands now :)
Got me wondering how MS charges 1500 odd quid to do this conversion, all parts EXCHANGE!!! I guess thats the price you pay for not getting your hands dirty :lol:
So far spent around 300 quid (lights, light plugs, armature and light brackets, rear bumper) ~ just gotta source a front bumper and i can start bolting it all together and ship it to my mates bodyshop for a full respray ~ your colour suggestions warmly recieved...

All standard F bits for sale shortly by the way, if anyone needs anything? All parts in excellent condition :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Little.....ummmmm....how can i put this without offending....ostentatious?? for my tastes. The thing you have to bear in mind is that i look camp enough (i can admit to this, secure in my own skin :lol: ) without making it worse ;)

The car is currently charcoal, which looks ok but the paintworks seen better days so i thought if i had to get all the new bits sprayed and blended i might as well go the whole 9 yards and change colour.

Slightly different note ~ is 21 quid for a bootrack a bargain or what! Got one yesterday :)

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
LuCkY said:
So far spent around 300 quid (lights, light plugs, armature and light brackets, rear bumper) ~ just gotta source a front bumper and i can start bolting it all together and ship it to my mates bodyshop for a full respray ~ your colour suggestions warmly recieved...
Rear bumper????

So how much all the conversion is going to cost you?

·
Registered
224 Posts
sounds great lucky!

Ive almost got all my bits aswell. just need the light plugs. somebody said they would accept £50 for them, i just laughed. only other thing i need is a front bumper armature but because of the costs i think im going to just make one. is it possible you could send me a few different pics of yours lucky pretty please? so i have an idea of what it should look like.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
RoboChallenge said:
sounds great lucky!

Ive almost got all my bits aswell. just need the light plugs. somebody said they would accept £50 for them, i just laughed. only other thing i need is a front bumper armature but because of the costs i think im going to just make one. is it possible you could send me a few different pics of yours lucky pretty please? so i have an idea of what it should look like.
Front armature currently on ebay ~ same guy i got my rear bumper from:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGTF-MG-TF-MGF-BUMPER-BAR_W0QQitemZ4645059830QQcategoryZ10414QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks identical to the one i got. The part number tag on mine says DPE100432 if you need to check. Mine came with light plugs and brackets and i paid 71 quid, to give you a guide. I think new from MS theyre 75+vat but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PERRY-MGTF said:
Rear bumper????

So how much all the conversion is going to cost you?
Parts around 380 quid, but mostly bargains from shopping around and Ebay. I think i can make a large chunk of this back from selling the original F parts. Resprays going to be around 800 quid.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
LuCkY said:
Resprays going to be around 800 quid.
Seems a good price for a colour change!!......... ie painting under bonnet/boot, door posts, inner arches, inner door frames, etc, etc??.............

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Colour change is all well and good if you are spraying the door shuts / under bonnet compartment etc otherwise you will be knocking pounds off the value. If money is of no object I would select a monogram colour

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lates said:
Colour change is all well and good if you are spraying the door shuts / under bonnet compartment etc otherwise you will be knocking pounds off the value. If money is of no object I would select a monogram colour
Money definately IS an object but i'm lucky in that one of my best mates owns his own bodyshop, so the resprays at mates rates, and is a proper one, not just a blow over :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts