MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 new shape zr and only have one key, is it possible just to get a copy of the key cut and buy a fob from ebay and reprogramme it?

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
i have a 2004 new shape zr and only have one key, is it possible just to get a copy of the key cut and buy a fob from ebay and reprogramme it?
Yes, I got my key cut at a standard lock smiths and it works a treat but it wont unlock the immobiliser. You can get a fob of ebay for tuppence but finding someone to reprogram it would be about 25+ as thats teh cheapest I found.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cheers m8 aint to bad, jus that i have a habbit of loosing keys. lol. will get one cut on the weekend i think. where would be best to reprogramme it?

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
ok cheers m8 aint to bad, jus that i have a habbit of loosing keys. lol. will get one cut on the weekend i think. where would be best to reprogramme it?
I had a search online and you can get people who travel to where you are and program it in whilst you are at work but I cant recommend any company in particular as I havent recieved my fob yet off ebay. The job is a simple job for the people with the tools so there wont be much difference in the "quality" of the work. If it works it works, but 25 is the cheapest I found tho

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a search online and you can get people who travel to where you are and program it in whilst you are at work but I cant recommend any company in particular as I havent recieved my fob yet off ebay. The job is a simple job for the people with the tools so there wont be much difference in the "quality" of the work. If it works it works, but 25 is the cheapest I found tho
Hi mate where did you find someone to do it for £25? need to get the one i bought off ebay programmed

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
There was a guy on ebay recently selling genuine MG key blanks for about a tenner. I think it is the same person who sells the genuine front MG badges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts