MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
This is a sort of "re-introduction" as I have been away for a year due to ownership of a Focus Ghia TDdi. Previous to that was a K-reg Metro 1.4D with the TUV engine. Lovely old car, gave 3 years' service Oxford-LHR daily - only needed a clutch (Mr Clutch £135 - not worth a struggle) and outer sills (did 'em with a small MIG) longest I've ever had a car. Then the Focus came to an abrupt end a few weeks ago in a traffic shunt when I tested the crumple zone - it worked. Now have an immaculate Rover 45 Impression hatch and it is lovely. Slightly harder ride than the Ford but in all other respects superior.
Peace to all....
Pete

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Welcome back Pete.

What engine do you have in your 45 Impression and what colour is it? Any pictures?

·
Registered
rover_45
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ian
Thanks for the welcome. Can't post pics from work here - lucky I can got on this site without a rap on the knuckles from our IT director.... I'll put some pics on back home tonight.
It is a 2 litre TD on a '51 plate; the colour is very dark blue(VIN code JOW but don't know what it is called) and it is a hatchback with lovely plush beige cloth seats.
1 owner, non-smoker, back seats never sat in (Billy no-mates?!!!) The space-saver has never been used and the toolkit is still in the original shrink-wrap. Mileage on pick-up 74900-odd the other day, now just over 75k. I do Oxford - LHR 4 on & 4 off. Just the motor and looks like it is doing about 50mpg - I'll be able to tell when I fill up.
Pete

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Would it be JQW, rather than JOW? If its JQW, then it'll be Midnight Blue - a dark blue solid paint.

I'm really glad that you are enjoying your new car.

As you've probably seen, there is a wealth of information in the 400/45/ZS area, so any problems, don't be afraid to post up a question, or indeed contribute to any of threads.

Its good to see you back on here, after your brief flirtation with the Focus.

·
Registered
rover_45
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ian - must be JQW - I looked in the dark and it is very dark blue. I have already obtained benefits from the forum, regarding the heater resistor and timing belt issues. Going to be busy next week. The Service Manager at the supplying & servicing dealer (full history) admitted that the owner had missed the change of the belts and said it would probably be OK but I'll be doing them next week. For all I know the previous owner may have had them done privately but I haven't got his/her address yet. I will in any case do the lot, including tensioner and pulleys.

·
Registered
rover_45
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ian - just got home & on the forum. Can't do the pics yet as I haven't got a Paypal account. We are just in the process of setting up a small bank account (waiting for the cards) so I can carry on using a card for diesel without the scammers draining our main account dry. As soon as I have this small account open I'll get a Paypal account and post the pics.
Meantime I'll try to PM you then and you can see how pleased I am.
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts