MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi a few days ago i posted a thread about there being oil in my air filter and in the air pipes for the turbo i now have a little patch of oil on the ground whenever i park up could this be related and any idea's how i can solve this problem any help will be good thank you john almost forgot its a rover 218sld turbo

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
sounds like your turbo is shot should be able to get a replacement cheap enough.

where abouts in relation to the engine bay was the oil spot on the floor?

andy

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
AndBurG said:
sounds like your turbo is shot should be able to get a replacement cheap enough.

where abouts in relation to the engine bay was the oil spot on the floor?

andy
A shot turbo would cause plumes of blue smoke though and not usually drop oil on the ground.

Check the intercooler hoses for splits. If there are any then the oil observed in the inlet pipes (quite normal for some oil to be there - not puddles of it though) will be escaping in the engine bay and spraying oil mist everywhere. You'll also get decreased engine power too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi the oil is about 6-12 inches inside the driverside front wheel (maybe more) im not getting any smoke and im not loosing power just oil i am 99% sure its oil not any other fluid hope this help

·
Registered
787 Posts
Power steering fluid is my guess, with the location. Its only auto transmission fluid anyway so could easy be mistaken for oil

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Dip your finger in the leaking oil then wipe it on a sheet of white paper. If it is just black then it is engine oil. If it is red then it is PAS fluid. If it smells of diesel then you've got a fuel leak somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts