MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..........i know most of you will have a laff at this....but where is the oil filter? on the ZS 120..........when it comes to cars its all very new, only had one for 2 years.............but im a virgin when it comes to knowledge on them....please help me.....thanks!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
underneath the car you'll see the black plastic splash shield just after the end of the bumper. Towards the drivers side there is a small square hole, you can see the oil filter through there. The splash guard however is a nightmare and makes it very hard to get to the filter. If you are going to change the oil etc make sure you can slacken off the oil filter before you start. The first time i did it the oil filter was tightly jammed on that it took 3 of us nearly 2 hours to shift it, in the end having to result to hamering a very large screw driver through the filter.

Also get a breaker bar for the sump plug without one you'll be really struggling to get that off too. I spent £20 on a handy little tool that attaches to a breaker bar for removing the oil filter, i changed mine at the weekend and the oil filter only took a few minutes to get off (the filter was stuck on that tight that the tool had twisted the end of the filter completely by about 10 degrees, they're a nightmare).

I hope your putting some nice magnatec in there too :)

·
Registered
mg_zs
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that mate.............. i will have to find the tools first...Halfords? then will have a go at it when it stops raining.......It might be some time as i live in Scotland:lol:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I bought a chain tool for the the oil filter, cost only £6 and did the job in seconds! And oh, some WD40 should cure the sump plug!

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
I favour a 2lb ball-pein hammer, myself!

I don't live too far from the WD40 factory, get cases of it really cheap!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Major Ingram said:
I don't live too far from the WD40 factory, get cases of it really cheap!
But doesn't carry any to meets ;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Now that's going back a few years, eh? Will never forget that!! Thinking about it, that's the only bloody time I've met you!!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Nope.

Motorshow that year and then at the factory tour a while later. Maybe a meet this year, who knows. Keep trying to get down your way, but it's just not happening.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Look forward to it. Just got to get Dell not to arrange them on the same day as ones I have already committed to :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts