MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am hoping someone might take pity on me. I brought a pink MGF a week and a half ago and crashed it coming out of a roundabout to fast, i mean, i don't think i was going majorly fast, but obvioulsy in the wet conditions, i was. I need training on how to handle it. It sticks to the road sooooo well in the dry, it had been raining though and i totally lost control, it was like i was on black ice or something, Very scary!!!! I've never driven a rear wheel drive before and didn't think they could be that much different to drive, how wrong was I!!!!!

Anyway, the insurance ain't paying out because they say i had two bald tryes on it, i wasn't made aware of this when i brought it, infact i was told they were nearly new!!! I know it is my responibltity to check them, but i wouldn't know a bald tyre if i saw it, i know that is bad, but i just get in my car and drive it!!

Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction of where to go about getting spare parts, i need:

Left rear Steering knuckle
Left Rear Wheel Bearing
Left Rear Wheel Hub
Left Rear Tie Rod
Left Rear Carrier Joint
Left Rear lower Control Arm

I also need two alloys, Rover part code: RRC110471MNH, but i will be happy to buy four new alloys if i can't get two to match the ones that are still okay on the car at the minute.

As you can see from the list above, the car is truely mashed and all i want to do is get it fixed so i can drive it again, i love it and i don't wanna strap it!!

Please help me if you can, i look forward to hearing from ya.

Thanks Emma

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
Where are you in the UK?... maybe someone off here can take a look, and see if the Insurance are pulling a fast one......

As for the bits, ebay is good, also Roverbreakers.com.....

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
welcome emma,

as the others have said, there are plenty of ppl on here who will be able to either get you those parts and point u in the right direction to get hold of tehm.

your story should be told to everyone who buys a RWD car and takes it out in the rain for teh first time, unfortunately, u learned the hard way.

and definitely consider geting a second opinion about the insurance refusal, it sounds tough to me.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.