MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bit the bullet and put a deposit on a car at MGF centre. Its a 115 with 60K on the clock, in a few weeks once its MOT has been done, I'll take some picture and feedback on he drive.

Thanks 100% to everyone on the really helpful feedback and generous advice given.

Next it will be about putting it away for winter, but not until I've put a few miles on the clock.

Kind regards best wishes.

Richard.

·
Registered
mg_tf
692 Posts
No need to put it away for winter. Most of us drive them year round. Just get a bit of practice in before the roads get to wet and slippery- rear wheel drive is NOT the same as FWD when the going gets interesting. Driving in proper snow and ice can involve some . . . clenching.
There's a lot to know about these cars but lots of info on this forum.
Tip number 1 is about the roof:

Get to know the basics:

They're great cars, but to be realistic, they are now all getting on. Part of running an F/TF is getting used to little things needing fixed. Things like sticky windows and troublesome handbrakes just go with the territory. The trick is to embrace the niggles as ways to learn more about your car and get some skills with the spanners. Like many on this forum I just wouldn't be without mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts