MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh boy do I feel guilty now - I've sold the F :(

Afternoon all,

It is with sadness that I have to announce that I've just this minute sold my MGF :(

It was on ebay since last thursday and was sold to the 3rd viewer today - after turning town a lower offer from the first viewer - I had 38 watchers at the last count - it was proving very popular!!

Its now sat under the carport ready to be taken away by the new owners later this week...

Its been great to have it for nearly 4 years with obviously a few things going a bit haywire on it but thats the joy of owning one isn't it :)

A big thanks to everyone on .org for many hours of natter and all the help when I've needed it.... I'm sure I'll still pop in occasionally to make the odd comment...

I'm sure you'll be wanting to know what the replacement is going to be... well, once I find the right one, its going to look a bit like this :)

I'm being a bit picky on which colour, engine, alloys and interior I'm after so it might be a few weeks until I post the 'replacement' picture...

Well - hope you don't hate me for switching and becoming one of those "beamer" drivers...

Cheers

Chris

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,999 Posts
Congratulations on selling your F so painlessly, the weather must have helped.

Do have a soft spot for the Z4

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's a sad day when you have to part with a car that has given you much pleasure; I know the feeling and you have my sympathy. I hope you enjoy the Z4 - it was amongst the cars that I considered before I bought the TF and I sure that I would have enjoyed one.

Nigel

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
z4's are great cars! enjoy it!

now you say it....why is it that bmw drivers never use indicators loaky?

my mate has a 330 he never uses indicators too lmao! his reply when i question him is ..." well it's obvious, your car is moving into that lane" lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Chris... Yep... lets just say it was a well planned sale... top weather and nice long 4 day weekend to give people time to come and view it ;)

I'm still rather confused about those people on eBay who happily bid for a car into the thousands of pounds without even coming to view it... :daft:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Chris, sad to see Velma leave us but a nice Z4 will be almost as good. OK, so you won't worry quite so much about HGF, if it's going to start on a wet morning, if the rain is going to run down in to the speakers, if madam will get a lap full of rain if she drops the window while you are cornering, can you still get F1 DS2's etc etc etc. I'm sure you'll make up for it once you join the Z4 forum and visit the Z4s-Suck site.

I went to look at a Cayman-S this morning. Was quite impressed - although the roof appears to be fixed on. The fantastically over engineered pop out cup holders and the hinged lids on the door pockets were a nice touch. Checked out the accessory brochure - they do a set of roof bars so a Thule style luggage box can be fitted and/or up to 3 MTBs or 2 full blown race bikes. The sports exhaust has a nice touch - a button on the console to change the exhaust note and volume to suit the moment.

Good luck, enjoy the next car.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Good luck for the future buddy.

May your new car bring you many hours of safe and enjoyable fun.

Take it easy..don't be a stranger.

Sean

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Don't feel guilty Chris. Glad you managed to sell so easily. Don't be a stranger and come to the meets in the Z4 when you get it! Good luck with the hunt.

Iain

·
Registered
42,093 Posts

Do have a soft spot for the Z4
Don't feel guilty Chris. Glad you managed to sell so easily. Don't be a stranger and come to the meets in the Z4 when you get it! Good luck with the hunt.

Iain

absolutely, seen a fair few over the weekend and i really do like them. i would swap mine for a Z4 any day of the week,. so get yourself to some meets in it and take me for a spin. ;)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
the Z4 does look nice tho, sharp angular lines, very shark looking in an aggresive way, don't forget to post the replacement pics Chris, and enjoy ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts