·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
mgb
1,452 Posts
Yes, the are tourer rear doors, you can tell by the 'square' corner and the divider between the window and the quarter light goes right to the top. But why I don't know, unless they have an identical tourer for sale and got the pictures mixed up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without prejudice, it makes you wonder whether there may be a touch of "mix & matching" or worse (cut'n'shutting?) going on when somebody has two similar cars of the same colour in their garage. Perhaps I'm being unduly suspicious, but I would feel a little wary of buying this car!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
davidbooker said:
Without prejudice, it makes you wonder whether there may be a touch of "mix & matching" or worse (cut'n'shutting?) going on when somebody has two similar cars of the same colour in their garage. Perhaps I'm being unduly suspicious, but I would feel I little wary of buying this car!
Someone best ask the guy, and he best have some kind of compelling reason!
Ive never sold anything on ebay and put pictures of the wrong item up....does make you wonder, what if they forget to mention something or forget to send you it....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is it not just a distorted photo due to a wide angled lens being used, otherwise the doors would seem a bit short?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go to webb site and look at the bottom right photo.It shows a photo of the rear door from the inside and thats a saloon door.Very strange!

·
Registered
mgb
1,452 Posts
ksilver said:
Is it not just a distorted photo due to a wide angled lens being used, otherwise the doors would seem a bit short?
No, the divider goes to the top of the frame in the picture of the open door, in the other pictures, of the saloon, it only goes part of the way as the door frame curves down. And the quarter lights are a different shape, even allowing for distortion.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
It looks pretty tidy and straight. Might even give Mike's copperleaf 75 a run for his money too :lol:

He may well have a Tourer in the same colour; I once worked at a company where we had 3 certain cars, all same spec and in the same colour, but one was an estate so it can happen. Best just to ask the seller outright before we all drum up conspiracy theories on this one.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
V8King said:
It looks pretty tidy and straight. Might even give Mike's copperleaf 75 a run for his money too :lol:

He may well have a Tourer in the same colour; I once worked at a company where we had 3 certain cars, all same spec and in the same colour, but one was an estate so it can happen. Best just to ask the seller outright before we all drum up conspiracy theories on this one.
Is this the car used by the French to assasinate JFK in Dallas? All the pieces fit.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
maybe a ztt but

I know the answer to this one.

MG made a few limited edition ZT-Ts for women drivers, but in these special cars the extra T stands for Tardis. They are saloon inside but a tourer outside. They were for women drivers who cant park big cars.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
That is nothing unusual for Ebay
Many regular traders seem to re hash the same adverts time and time again worse the camera illiterate seem to nick each others photos.

At least this seller seems to be able to string a reasonable description together without the normal plethora of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

Although the bit about stone chips and 70,000 miles and later carpets and 60,000 miles suggest the entire text is from another car or cars.

One seller regularly has Rover 75s for sale and regardless of model all his engine shots are of the same M47 Diesel!

They still sell though.

Would you really buy a car from Ebay without going at look at it first?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I fail to see how it could be an honest mistake when you post up pictures of two different cars... unless, they took photographs of two identical cars, one saloon, and one tourer in the same places and then mixed the photos up but where is the identical tourer? Is it not up for sale?
Given the guy's record to date, I would be surprised if it was a con act but it is peculiar.

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
I would like to have ago on there vacuum that they use it looks well powerful or is it just like the long pile luxury carpet us older 75's had?

·
Registered
rover_75
1,705 Posts
ZTTBoy said:
I know the answer to this one.

MG made a few limited edition ZT-Ts for women drivers, but in these special cars the extra T stands for Tardis. They are saloon inside but a tourer outside. They were for women drivers who cant park big cars.
I saw a guy making a right hash of trying to reverse park a ford focus today. I've got into every space I've attempted in my car, and believe me, you couldn't get a bus through. I can park anything (even though I say so myself!).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts