MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but when I fill up, the indicator will go down to halfway after about 50 miles and then stop, and will then drop really really slowly.

I've not done a proper MPG analysis, but any ideas why the first half would drop so suddenly, and then the rest really slow?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
50 miles to half a tank...that is not right. must be a leak somewhere. This could include overfueling.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
i get similer miles to the half mark 60-70 for me last reading was 25mpg

im keeping a log of all fule ups, changeing fule filter this month too

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think there's a leak, cos once it reaches the halfway mark it will almost stop! I'd possibly say my fuel consumption has got better since I tweaked the engine a bit, only it seems to be getting confused on the dial!

I'd expect it to drop more over the past week cos I just fitted an induction kit and I've been flooring it to hear the roar (I'm a big kid really) but this was happening before I fitted it.

It's not really a huge bother - just I will fill up, and after a couple of trips to the shop I'm halfway and panicing! And then i can go a week and a half on the rest of the tank! It's totally bizarre!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I filled up yesterday, reset the trip counter and did some driving. Did 25 miles yesterday and 40 today. The dial is now reading at just over half-way...however, it's been reading that since the 40mile mark was hit. For the past 25 miles it's not budged a bit. i don't expect it will either, for a while - or if it does, it will very slowly.

So far it's doing exactly as I thought it would. Seems a bit odd, no?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its all in the word guage, Your not the only ones to suffer. There are numerous cars from all different manufacturers that do this. The main thing is does it run out before it reaches empty, If it doesnt thats a bonus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts