MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MG HS EXCLUSIVE AUTO
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the OBD connector is on a 2020 MG HS Exclusive please?

·
Registered
rover_600
198 Posts
Anyone know where the OBD connector is on a 2020 MG HS Exclusive please?
Hi its behind the flap to the right of the steering wheel. I have fitted splitter cables to to of these cars for customers, plugging and taping the big orange plug of the three way splitter and taping it in place to the socket which I have disconnected from the dash and taped the plug and socket.together. then run a head up display from one outlet to one socket whilst pulling one socket down so that it can be seen being bright yellow / orange to come out under the dash bottom panel next to the steering wheel leaving thee third socket up above the bottom of the dash panel also you can plug a Bluetooth reader on that one and install the app on the customers phone leaving one free for running real time diagnostics if required fitting the splitter cable is a bit of a fiddle but both the cars came in about 4 weeks apart for a head up display to be fitted the Bluetooth Diagnostics were fitted as it meant the customer could access the OBD11 features from their phone or the cars own android head panel the splitter cables I use cost me about £15 each bought a box of them about ten years ago the Bluetooth OBD11 readers were about £6 each at the same time now down to my last pair of these. not intending in restocking as there are no meets at the moment where I can fit mods to folks cars. also my mobility now is heading for wheel chair almost all the time all very frustrating.
regards and keep safe
Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts