MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of selling my motor bike, buyer hasn't seen it in the flesh yet due to working away, but planning to pick it up and pay for it tomorrow am.

I've just received an email from buyer asking for serial number and issue date from the V5 - they have already had the reg number (for HPI check I would imagine).

Why would they want the serial no and issue date? Is this a normal request or is something dodgy going on? Should I give it them? Or will I be getting fines though the post for a cloned bike? Am I being paranoid or just precautious?

I've never sold privately before so not sure what people might ask for in advance of sale other than reg no...

TIA

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
definitely dodgy........don't give it, let them check it when they view, NO TEST RIDE......only take cash.....and be very,very careful

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe not as dodgy as you might think as HPI can also check that the V5 is genuine and do ask for these details if a full history check is sought.

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replys. I didn't hand over the details but the buyer turned up with cash in hand so all was well and bike now gone to a new home :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts