MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have rover streetwise td it's a 2004 and the ns indicater bulb isn't working replaced with a new bulb still won't work tried wriggling the connector block still nothing os indicate and other cluster lights working okay when I turn the stalk the ns indicator flashes rapidly could it be a relay or a fuse but I doubt I would have the ns front indicate and side indicater working if this was the case i had the loom checked as it runs over the tailgate and that's okay as common to break there any help would be brilliant cheers

· Registered
mg_tf
710 Posts
It’s possibly me, but I’m not clear about what you are describing as working and not working with the N/s indicators.
Does N/S back and side indicator work OK, except that they (understandably) flash much quicker than normal?
In other words, are you saying it’s only the N/S/F indicator which isn’t flashing?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi yes that's correct ns front and side indicater working rear in light cluster not working tried swapping bulb won't work tried continuity with bulb and couple wires solderd dosnt look like there's power as won't light do you think it could be lose wire in rear loom or the bulb holder as the front indicators and side are working and hazards are working I doubt it's a fuse or relays as there fused separately arnt they?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I checked the rear ns light bulb holder cluster rear plug that goes into bulb holder with multi meter and it has continiuty my indicator bulb has gone replaced with a new bulb still won't work with the indicators I orderd Rover 200 25 MG ZR 1995 on N/S Rear light bulb holder on ebay rimmers are shut do all these cars use the same part cheers

Attachments

· Registered
mg_tf
710 Posts
Sorry, I’m lost again!
Continuity on bulb holder? Do you have 12v on the power in side of the connector that connects to the bulb holder? Have you checked that the bulb holder earth is sound and measures continuity to a good earth point?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi yes Halfords checked continiuty on bulb holder 12v power supply plug havnt checked earth it's got power on the indicator part of plug its good so I orderd a passenger off side bulb holder off ebay be here by the 20th and now my engine managment light is on lite yellow oil and coolant are okay where is the bulb holder earthed to plz the chassis sorry about my text I have dyslexia cheers for help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts