1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this quote from a GY rep on the PH site:

"...the GSD3 has been phased out in the UK and replaced with the F1 Asymmetric"

Looks like there'll be another new tyre in the mix then, anyone seen or used these yet?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi All

Just througt I'd go to the GY website & this is what comes up now (along with GDS2) Not to sure how upto date this is.

Any ideas?

GOODYEAR EAGLE VENTURA Pattern
The Eagle Ventura achieves something that was previously thought impossible: a significant improvement in both dry and wet handling – all in a single tyre. The Eagle Ventura’s V-TRED Technology Profile is based on Goodyear’s latest developments. V-LINKS in the tread design put more tyre in contact with the road and ensure that it sits there more firmly. The result is outstanding grip and traction.
In wet weather, V-DUCTS in the tread vastly improve water dispersal. The result? Unprecedented resistance to aquaplaning and a vastly reduced stopping distance in the wet.

MikeS

Attachments

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Saw this quote from a GY rep on the PH site:

"...the GSD3 has been phased out in the UK and replaced with the F1 Asymmetric"

Looks like there'll be another new tyre in the mix then, anyone seen or used these yet?
But these do not come fpr our sizes.....195

·
Registered
776 Posts
After spending many weekends trying to locate a set of f1`s and in the end plumping for a set of Toyo TR 1`S Goodyear can keep there tyres.

The TF feels just as planted on the Toyo`s and at 45 a corner fitted,i wont be going back to Goodyears!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Yeah I think when the time comes around again unless F1's are easy to source I'll got with T1-R's, no point searching high and low. :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
^^^what he said. I bought T1-R's last week, £49 for fronts and £64 for rears - was charged £226 for 4 fully fitted toyos - and the grip is outstanding compared to original continentals. I was going to try GS2's, but resourcing them was difficult especially since I need them right away.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^what he said. I bought T1-R's last week, £49 for fronts and £64 for rears - was charged £226 for 4 fully fitted toyos - and the grip is outstanding compared to original continentals. I was going to try GS2's, but resourcing them was difficult especially since I need them right away.
I bought a pair of F1s earlier this year, £56 delivered and another £8 for fitting, so I'm not convinced the economy is there anyway.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
It's not so much economy (but the cheaper the better), but availability. I needed tyres straight away as my rears were pretty much shot. If I could have found a place that could have fitted GS2's straight away I'd have got some. The Toyos were available so I went with them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
was charged £226 for 4 fully fitted toyos - and the grip is outstanding compared to original continentals.
How comes my car doesn't stick to the road like yours??? :guns4:

How many miles have you done before you thought these stuck nice and firmly on the road??

Mine stricks to the road at slow speed, but as in previous threads, above 60-65mph I am all over the road, snaking etc....... :run!:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Checking the Goodyear website it still lists that D3s are still available. The F1 asymmetric only comes in a limited range of sizes, the smallest of which is 17". So it would appear that D3s will be around for a while yet.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
How comes my car doesn't stick to the road like yours??? :guns4:

How many miles have you done before you thought these stuck nice and firmly on the road??

Mine stricks to the road at slow speed, but as in previous threads, above 60-65mph I am all over the road, snaking etc....... :run!:
Not yet done a 100 miles on them yet, but have been up 95 ish on the motorway no problems. The only comparison I've got is the old continentals I took off.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
GSD2s are over rated. I won't be going back to them.
I got my rear Toyos for £49 each. When GSD2s were about £80 each from the same shop. Toyos look better too!

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Toyos look better too!
Now that's one step too far! Nothing looks better than F1s, Fact!
;)
Opinions may vary and individuals are entitled to claim their own opinion is at least comparable with the absolute truth, even if discrepancies are evident.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not yet done a 100 miles on them yet, but have been up 95 ish on the motorway no problems. The only comparison I've got is the old continentals I took off.

Then there is something serioulsy wrong with the car and I don't know what. All I get from the MG garage is that these tyres are no good for the car, yet all the posts say otherwise!

Conflicting information is not helping me! Doh!

So what could the problem be???????

:handbag:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Then there is something serioulsy wrong with the car and I don't know what. All I get from the MG garage is that these tyres are no good for the car, yet all the posts say otherwise!

Conflicting information is not helping me! Doh!

So what could the problem be???????

:handbag:
if you've had a 4 wheel alignment the which end is moving, front or rear?

Test the bearings on all 4 corners, if they are ok then it may be the track rod ends may need replacing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts